Chapter 45

"What did you just say, Manjiro?"

Izayoi and Takemichi both couldn't believe what Mikey suggested. Did he really only wanted to see them just so one of them could kill him? They didn't accept this, they couldn't accept it.

"I want it all to end here. Including my dream."

"What are you talking about, Mikey? Stop....I don't get it! You ask me to kill you right after we meet! But me, I just wanted to see you again!"

"Same here, Manjiro! You think we came here out of spite? To kill you for letting Toman get like this? Don't fool yourself! This was our only chance of seeing you again. Please Mikey...as our friend....as my brother......you can't die!!!!!!"

Izayoi couldn't hold back the tears any longer. He lost so many people precious to him. The man responsible for the death of his brother-in-law and wife, the man responsible for killing his friends in Toman, was right in front of him. Yet he couldn't find it in himself to kill him.

"You might not be able to be like the way you were in the past. In all honesty, you probably think I have every reason to kill you. But I can't.....i'm sorry Mikey. I can't kill the only family I have. I can't kill my brother. I just wanted to see you again!"

"I wanted to see you again. Hakkai told me something similar before he died. "

"It's hard to achieve his dream, to make a new era

"It's hard to achieve his dream, to make a new era. Toman was on the right track and suddenly everything ended like this. When I killed for the first time, I didn't feel anything and I thought the difficulties of this world could be solved by murder. All is well when you eliminate those in your way."

As Mikey said this with a smile on his face, Takemichi felt tears running from his eyes as Izayoi clenched his fists. Soon Takemichi put his hands on Mikey's shoulders as he spoke for both himself and Izayoi.

"You're wrong, Mikey! You haven't changed, you're still the same!"

"Stop it, Takemitchy...."

"He's right, Manjiro! Sure things can't go back to the way they use to be, but we can still make things better! You, Takemitchy, and I are still here! The Toman Baji died to protect is here with us! You can change, Manjiro! You can change for the bettertter and i'll be here every step of the way!"

"Not you too, Izayoi. What part of this, do you not understand?"

As Mikey said this, he punched Takemichi into the ground as he picked up a gun of his own and puts it on Takemichi's head. Seeing this, Izayoi lunged forward as he tackled Mikey to the ground. Mikey grunts in pain as he rolled over on the ground to be on top of Izayoi as he placed his gun on his brother's skull. As Takemichi got up, he saw another gun near his feet as Mikey looked as if he'll shoot Izayoi.

"Mikey! Heiwajima-kun!!!!"

"Take that gun, Takemitchy. If you don't both you and Daiji-kun will be the ones to die here."