Chapter 18

It was the day before Bloody Halloween. As Baji was face-to-face with Izayoi, a look of grief was forming on his face as Izayoi brought up a simple question that could very well destroy him should Baji answer truthfully.

"Baji, please. I want to know the truth. I'd rather live with the pain of the truth now and overcome it than to regret never knowing the truth in the future. So please, i'm begging you. Tell me the truth."

"....It was getting close to Mikey's birthday. We all knew how badly he wanted the CB250T motorcycle that he rides now. While I was hanging around with Kazutora, we saw the bike on display and wanted to get it for Mikey. On that night two years ago, we decided to break into the store that had it but......"

Baji clenched his fists as he was getting to the most tragic part of the story. If Izayoi really was Shinichiro's brother, then this would be painful for him too. However, as Baji looked at Izayoi, he saw the look in his eyes. He was completely focused on hearing what Baji had to say.

"When we broke into the shop, we made our way towards the motorcycle. While I was trying to break the chain that held it down, I heard someone speak to me. When I turned around, I saw a man approaching me but it was too dark to make out who it was immediately."

"......."

"By the time I realized who it was, Kazutora ran behind the man and struck his head with a wrench at full force. The moment blood stained the floor and as we saw his face, we realized something. The man who we tried to rob, the man who we killed...was Shinichiro! We killed Mikey's brother and tried to rob him."

As Baji said this, he felt as if tears were going to escape his eyes. Meanwhile, Izayoi merely walked towards Baji with his hair shadowing his eyes. Seeing this, Baji looked down towards the ground.

"You probably hate Kazutora and I. I wouldn't blame you. If what you said was true, then we robbed you of a future with your big brother just like we did with Mikey. You have every right to hate us. I know you won't forgi-"

"I don't hate you, Baji."

"Huh?"

Baji looked at Izayoi in confusion. How? How could he not hate him after learning the truth? While Baji asked himself this, he saw Izayoi looking up towards the sky.

"It hurts. I won't lie and say that it doesn't hurt knowing my brother is dead. However, you aren't a bad person Baji. It might be able to forgive you in the future, but i'll never forget that truth. However, i'm not the one who should feel the most pain. After all, the one who spent the most time with Shinichiro and suffered the most pain from his death isn't me, it's Mikey. Right now, i'm angry and confused, but I bet my feelings are nothing but mere temper tantrums compared to Mikey's. Thank you, Baji. Now that I know the truth, I have even more reason to watch over Mikey!!!"

As Izayoi said this, he held out his right fist towards Baji. When Baji looked at Izayoi, he almost felt like he was hallucinating. For a moment, Izayoi began to remind him of Shinichiro. As Baji smiled and used his left fist to bump Izayoi's, he heard the boy say one thing to him.

"Let's fight our hardest, Baji. For Mikey and Toman!"

"Right!!!!"

Soon Izayoi began to walk away from Baji. As this happened, he saw two people walking towards him. Soon a smile appeared on his face when he recognized one of them.

"Yo, Takemichi!"

"Heiwajima-kun!!!!"

"So, who's this guy next to you?"

"Chifuyu Matsuno, First Division's Vice Captain."

Izayoi nods his head as he heard this. Meanwhile, Takemichi stared at Izayoi. He remembered Draken saying that Izayoi was present during Bloody Halloween. Knowing this, Takemichi looked towards Izayoi.