Chapter 32

"A deal?"

"You heard me. I already told you what I want to know, so how much do I owe you?"

"Heh. All I need is an answer to my own question. Why go to such lengths as to ask me for help?"

"Don't get it twisted Izaya. I hate you, but I hate losing my friend and the current Black Dragons more."

When Izaya heard this, a smile was forming on his face. Amazing, it was simply amazing! The monster known for strength comparable to the Invincible Mikey wasn't just raging and going against Black Dragon by himself. The boy Izaya viewed as a monster was acting more humane than he ever imagined. Even Izaya couldn't predict that Izayoi would come to him for help.

"Heiwajima Izayoi, I love humans."

"What the hell are you on about?"

"Simply put, I love humans. Think about it, humans are the most interesting creatures. They continue to adapt and evolve each day, add chaos to the factor and you'll have a pool of creatures that even I can't predict their actions. You, Iza-chan, are a human with inhumane strength. Normally one would think you're a mindless brute, but it's the opposite. You're always thinking before you strike, not just for yourself but even for your whole gang. You're much different from how you use to be in elementary school! You truly are a human!!!!!!"

As much as he hates to agree with Izaya, Izayoi believes what he said was true. If he hadn't met Shinichiro back then, he'd probably be an entire different person. However, something about Izaya's statement caught his attention. Before he could call him out on it, Izaya spoke up.

"Fine then. I'll tell you what I know about the Shiba household."

"What's the cost?"

"Nothing. For showing me such a marvelous display of humanity, I decided to treat you a bit to this info. You see, the Shiba household lost its mother at a very young age. Plus their father was rarely at home so the one in charge was Shiba Taiju, the eldest sibling. Though he's just bigger and stronger than most his age, he's an expert at capturing people's hearts. That's not all, he's also an expert at using violence. He doesn't know what it means to hold back. When he fights, he beats his foes thoroughly. Whether they be men, women, or even his younger siblings."

Izayoi clenched his fists. So Taiju really was abusive towards his own siblings. Honestly, Izayoi was regretting not punching him in the face when he was still in the same room with him. However, Izayoi took a deep breath as he let Izaya speak. Meanwhile, Izaya was thinking to himself.

"Now then. As an info broker, it's my job to give information if i'm working. However, I can choose which information to give and how much of it as well."

"From what I know, the beatings were so bad that one of the younger siblings offered to take twice as much beatings so the other wouldn't have to endure anymore pain. However, he still beat the other sibling. To teach them a lesson since the other sibling was trying to shield the other from their own family, as Taiju would put it."

"If what you said is true, then that bastard doesn't plan on letting Yuzuha go free. Any sibling would do whatever takes for the other, even if it meant.........."

Izayoi was slowly starting to understand what Hakkai's actions might be. He wants to protect his family from Taiju no matter. However, if he were to take drastic measures, Toman might get involved. Seeing the look on his face, Izaya laughed as he stood up.

"I'm sure you've come to the same conclusion as your dear old comrade. However, let me give you a little warning, Iza-chan. You have sharp instincts and are perceptive, so i'm sure you'll catch on to things most wouldn't be able to in such a short amount of time. However, that very perception might betray you. Or rather....the person causing your perception of this situation may betray you."

Having said that, Izaya began to walk away. While this happened, Izayoi was now alone with his thoughts. While he tried to process the things Izaya told him, one thing stuck out to him.

"How did Izaya know about me in elementary when we're the same age. If that's the case, he shouldn't have been an info broker at that young of an age. Is he..........."

As Izayoi was thinking, he suddenly received a message from Takemichi. When he checked it, he saw that the captains were having a meeting at a family restaurant. After texting back that he was on his way, he began to think about the last thing Izaya said.

"If what you said was true......then Hakkai has a lot of explaining to do."

~A few minutes later~
"Oh, there he is. Heiwajima-kun!!!"

Takemichi and the other captains were sitting at a table. Seeing this, Izayoi rushed over to them. In all honesty, he didn't expect for a meeting to be called this briefly. As Izayoi sat down next to Takemichi, he began to ask.

"So what is this about?"

"Takemitchy wants to fight Black Dragon. We reject the decision of crushing Black Dragon to stop Hakkai from killing Taiju."

Izayoi's eyes widen in shock when he heard this from Draken. How did Takemithcy come to the same conclusion as him? When he looked to the other captains, he asked what they thought.

 How did Takemithcy come to the same conclusion as him? When he looked to the other captains, he asked what they thought

"I reject it. Takemitchy, i'm sure you have your own considerations backing this up. However, do you really want to ruin the peace pact Mitsuya worked for? Doing this will ruin his reputation. This discussion is over."

As he said this, Draken left as Smiley and Mucho were behind him. While Takemichi and Chifuyu were upset that they were back to square one, they felt someone slap them behind their heads.

"Heh. Don't look so gloom, ya bastards."

"Heiwajima-kun?"

"I get where the others are coming from, however, I wouldn't be able to sleep well knowing what's going to happen and I do nothing. Plus Hakkai will always be a member of Toman. To honor Baji's wish, we're gonna save him from becoming a murderer!"

Takemichi smiled as he heard Izayoi's statement. Izayoi was always reliable during times like this. Meanwhile, Chifuyu nodded in agreement since he also agreed with Izayoi and wanted to protect the members of Toman like Baji wanted. However, when the trio were prepared to leave, they were met with something unexpected.

"Let me join in."