Chapter 34

~Christmas Eve~
Izayoi was seen on the rooftop of his school as he was listening to music while lying on his back since he promised to meet up with someone. However, as he was listening to his music, he noticed that his headphones went silent for a moment and then the music started up again.

"Damn, are my headphones acting up? I guess they are pretty old."

"I knew i'd find you here."

When Izayoi glanced to the side, he saw Emma walking towards him. In all honesty, ever since she found out they were siblings, she's been a lot more clingy. Though, he could understand why. After losing one family member, of course you'd want to hold on to the family you got left.

"What is it that you need, Emma?"

"I'm just worried. Things haven't been the same after Bloody Halloween."

"I see. You were close to Baji too. It makes sense that event had an effect on you. As for being worried, I assume you're worried about Mikey, right?"

"That's half true. I'm also worried about you, Izayoi. You haven't been acting like yourself ever since you joined Toman. Did something happen?"

When Emma asked this question, Izayoi simply looked at the sky. Just how much should he tell her? He knew saying nothing will be more suspicious. He knew lying would be even more troublesome. Soon a sigh escaped from his lips as he looked at Emma while he was starting to stand up.

"A guy tried to recruit me into his gang after I became apart of Toman. That and the bastard is a real jerk."

"I see."

As Emma looked at Izayoi, she noticed that the music playing on his headphones was flickering. Soon she came up with an idea to help cheer him up. Luckily his birthday/Christmas was right around the corner. However, while she has a plan to help him cheer up on his birthday, she figured out how to help clear his mind for now.

"Izayoi, are you free for the moment?"

"I got plans for tonight, but i'm free this evening. Why do you ask?"

"Simple. I want you to make a visit."

~A few minutes later~
Izayoi and Emma were seen walking together. As Emma was leading the way, Izayoi was still thinking to himself about the battle he'll be having against Black Dragon.

"No one else from Toman will help us. That's why I have to be be ready for this fight. As the Hound Division Commander, losing isn't an option. I'm carrying Toman's pride and will."

"We're here!"

When Izayoi snapped back into reality, he saw the place Emma led him to. It was the dojo he use to train at when he was little. As the two went inside, Izayoi's eyes widen with shock as he saw a single man sitting down.

"My, it's been a while. You sure have grown, Heiwajima-kun."

"Master!!!!"

"Come now, the truth is already out and you're no longer a student. Call me Gramps if you want."

Izayoi smiled as he sat next to his teacher. He owed his ability to fight to this man a bit. While Izayoi was next to his teacher, Emma was smiling ear to ear as she decided to make them some tea. The moment she left, the old man spoke towards Izayoi.

"My boy, your mind is very clouded. Usually you remind me of Shinichiro, being such a free spirit and letting nothing tie you down. However, you feel more like a wild animal ready to tear apart its prey. What's wrong?"

"I can't hide anything from you, can I? Shinichiro taught me about what it meant to be free, to be responsible for your actions. Not only that, he made a gang where everyone had fun and looked out for each other. Whenever a mistake was made, they cleaned it up. Shinichiro and Black Dragon sounded so cool, it inspired me to be a delinquent as free as they are. But.....I don't sense a shred of that freedom in the current Black Dragon. Not only that, the leader manipulates his own siblings with their ties as family and even strikes them. Just the thought of trash like him being in charge of Black Dragon, ruining Shinichiro's legacy.....I want nothing more....than to crush him until there's nothing left!!!"

"........Izayoi. The way you feel right now, it reminds me of how Manjiro described himself after the events that happened on Halloween. He lost himself in his anger and became a danger to everyone, even himself. But the one who saved him from those dark impulses, the one who helped him by acting as his guide, as his brother, was you."

Izayoi's eyes widen in shock as he heard his former teacher speak. Was he really that big of an influence to Mikey? When he looked at his teacher, he saw the old man beginning to speak.

"Do not let those dark impulses control you, but don't forget they exist. Just as Shinichiro was a light of hope and a guide for you, you've become the guide for Manjiro."

The moment Izayoi heard this, a smile began to form on his face. It was okay to feel this anger, but he shouldn't completely give in to it. Just as Shinichiro helped him, it was Izayoi's turn to help Mikey. Though, that'll have to happen after his fight.

"Thanks, Master. I needed this more than you could imagine. Tell Emma I said thank you for brining me here as well."

"Going so soon?"

"Yeah, I got something important to do and I got to see it through."

~A few minutes later~
Hanma, Kisaki, and Chifuyu were waiting in a coffee shop as they were having a pre-battle meeting for tomorrow. When they heard the shop door opening, they saw Takemichi and Izayoi walking inside.

"Takemitchy, Heiwajima. Good timing. Another second alone with these guys would've driven me mad."

"Now that we're all here, i'll get straight to the point. We'll carry out our plan in Shibuya. Udagawa Christian Church, Taiju will conveniently go there alone late at night to pray. If Hakkai is gonna attack him, it'll have to be there. We're gonna wait for Taiju outside the chapel. Hakkai should already be in the church by then. Takemitchy, you'll be in charge of reasoning with him since you get along with him. Before Taiju and Hakkai run into each other, we four will beat down Taiju outside."

As Kisaki finished explaining the plan, Izayoi and the others left the shop as they were all in agreement. While Izayoi was walking home by himself, he had one thought going through his head.

"Tomorrow is the day of the battle. Though I have a bad feeling that tomorrow is about to be a Christmas i'll never forget."