Chapter 44

~Manila, Philippines~
Izayoi was seen walking around as he could tell he was getting some stares. He let a sigh escape from his lips as he kept having to tell some women that came his way that he was happily married. While he was walking, he was thinking to himself.

"Mikey killed the upper members of Toman. I'm still alive because I left Toman before he started that purge. I don't have time to regret my past actions. As his brother.....it's my responsibility to deal with him."

As Izayoi was thinking, he found himself in some ruins and walked forward. While he was walking through the ruins, he walked up some stairs and saw a single person waiting on him. With a smile on his face, Izayoi spoke as he began to smoke a cigarette.

"Heh. You're a spitting image of Shinichiro, Manjiro."

"Heh. So you became a bartender, huh. I never would've expected that from you, Izayoi."

Izayoi began to walk towards Mikey

Izayoi began to walk towards Mikey. When he was approaching him, he looked at his brother's eyes. They looked like the eyes of a dead fish. There was no sign of life in them, they were devoid of any emotion. As Izayoi stood before Mikey, he sat down next to him and handed him a cigarette. As Mikey took one and placed it between his lips, Izayoi took out his lighter and lit the cigarette for Mikey.

"You know, I also invited Takemitchy. He should be here soon."

"I see. It's been a while since we were all together, huh."

"Izayoi, how do you deal with it?"

"Deal with what?"

"The Dark Impulses."

Izayoi looked at his brother in worry. He remembered Mikey telling him about this before. He told him how he felt nothing when he first claimed a human life. He told him how he felt even stronger by just giving in to the urges. As Izayoi took a puff from his cigarette, he spoke to Mikey.

"Truth be told, I never experienced a dark impulse as you put it. Sure i've been angry and I said i'd kill someone, but deep down, I know I wouldn't. After all, I wouldn't be a delinquent anymore. I'd just be a flat-out criminal. Plus.....I doubt Shinichiro would've wanted either of us to be criminals."

".....Izayoi, be honest with me. Why did you leave Toman?"

As Mikey asked this question, Izayoi dropped his cigarette on the ground as he stomped on it to put it out. When Izayoi stood up, he walked forward as his back was facing Mikey.

"There are plenty of reasons. Manjiro, did you know that I hate violence?"

"Eh?"

"A quiet life. A loving wife. A bar where I can serve my closest friends and we'd drink the night away. To be honest, I always wanted a life like that. However, the more Toman grew, the more you began to suffer and others close to me began to suffer as well. I just couldn't take it anymore. Especially what happened to two people in my life."

"I was suppose to bring a new era for delinquents......I wanted you by my side. Not as my friend, not as a member of Toman.....but as my brother!!!! Is that the only reason you abandoned me, Izayoi?!"

As Izayoi turned around, he saw Mikey in tears. Was this how Mikey felt during all these years? Did Izayoi betray him in his eyes? As Izayoi walked towards Mikey, he spoke up.

"The stronger Toman got, the more you began to suffer. Not to mention, you grew to become dependant on me. I couldn't stand to see it. Plus....the more that Toman grew, the more danger everyone I cared about was put into. You want me to stand by you and make your dream come true? Then tell me Mikey....WAS KILLING MY WIFE AND OUR SISTER GETTING KILLED GONNA MAKE YOUR DREAM COME TRUE?!"

Mikey's eyes widen in shock with what he heard. He clenched his fists and bit his lip until blood was drawn. He didn't know Izayoi's wife was brought into it as well. Not to mention, he never wanted to think about it again. He never wanted to think about losing their sister. As Izayoi turned around, he looked at one of the broken walls.

"Oi, you can come out now. It's been a while, Takemitchy."

"Heiwajima-kun, Mikey-kun!"

Having just arrived, Takemichi was happy to see the two siblings again. However, he noticed the look on Izayoi's face. It was almost like he was holding himself back. When Takemichi looked at both Izayoi and Mikey, he felt tears rushing out of his eyes, glad to see the two of them. Seeing this, both of the men smiled at him.

"Still a crybaby, huh? You haven't changed much."

"I can't believe my partner is still crying over little things."

"Oi, don't mess with me!!! I can be tough!!!!!"

Soon the three men laughed together. Honestly, how long was it since the last time they talked and joked around like this? As Mikey was the first to stop laughing, he quickly got Izayoi and Takemichi's attention.

"Izayoi, Takemichi, I brought you two here to ask for a favor. I came here to remember memories with my big bro. I'm overwhelmed with many memories. When I was young I fought a few people, I learned some stuff, I laughed, and I cried. That's how I grew Toman. It's so nostalgic.........Toman's changed a lot. Takemichi, I already asked Izayoi, so tell me. What was your reason for leaving Toman?"

"Eh?"

"I wanted all three of us to stay together. I wanted you both to stay by my side, like a big brother would. I tried to fix everything by myself, but I couldn't control everything. I'm never gonna be like I was in the past."

As Mikey looked between Takemichi and Izayoi, smile formed upon his face. His brother and the man he considered his brother both stood before him. They alone were the only ones who could fulfill his request.

"Ken-chin, Mitsuya, Hakkai, the rest of the admins.....I killed them, with my own hands. Takemitchy, Daiji-kun, the Toman of the past no longer exists. The guys and everyone....I killed them. That's why I want you two to stop me. Hanagaki Takemichi, Heiwajima Izayoi, I have one final order for you two. Kill me."