Epilogue

1 year later

"Love, are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, give me one moment."

Tanjiro had just finished getting ready and headed outside.  There, he saw his group of friends, plus his boyfriend, Kanjoro.  A soft smile came on his face, as he walked over to them.  "Alright, let's go."  He had said to them.  They all had started walking.  Where, may you ask?  "We're going to yours and Nezuko's place first, right?"  A female had asked.  Tanjiro had turned to her and nodded.

"Yeah.  And then Kanjoro's place."

"Ah, alright."

The group had chatted among one another while walking.  It was a long walk, but by now, they ended up in the mountains.  A few of them shivered a little, seeing how cold the snow could be.    "It's... it's been a long since we've been to our home, huh, Tanjiro?"  Tanjiro had turned to his sister, Nezuko who asked the question.  Tanjiro hummed softly and nodded.

"It has..."  Tanjiro had begun.  He hadn't been to his home in such a long time.  He remembered when everything first went down.  How he returned to his home one morning.  Seeing the dead bodies of his family.  And his sister turning into a demon.  Although it was years ago, it still came on his mind from time to time.  But with the support of his beloved, and his friends, he could rest easy.

"Here we are."

Tanjiro then stopped in front of a small, cozy home.  He then walked to the side of the house.  There, he saw the graves of his family.  His friends had followed him to where he was at.  Tanjiro then went on his knees, putting his hands together to pray.

"Mother... Takeo... Hanako... Shigeru... Rokuta... Father... I'm here."  He had mumbled in a shaky tone of voice, although he tried to remain calm.  The others remained silent, praying with him.  "I... I finally did it.  I avenged you all.  Nezuko's here too.  There's someone I want to introduce you all to.  He's... he's my boyfriend.  And... I love him very much.  We're... we're planning to get married soon."  He had mumbled, a soft smile coming on his face.  Then... Nezuko decided to speak up.

"We... we miss you all.  There's... there's someone I'm seeing too.  She's... she's someone very dear to me.  We... we may be taking it slow, but... I love her dearly."  She had mumbled under her breath.  Tanjiro then spoke up.

"Are you... are you proud of us?  Mother...?  Father...?"  Tears then slowly started to fall from Tanjiro's eyes, and he quickly tried to wipe them away.  His boyfriend had noticed his tears and hugged him tightly.

"No need to hold your tears back, Tanji... it's okay.  I know they're proud of you."  Kanjoro had said to Tanjiro softly.  The male hugged back, burying his face into his shoulder.  Kanjoro only smiled softly and rubbed his back.

Nezuko had also burst into tears as well.  She covered her face into her hands, letting out the tears she had been holding back.  The only other female of the group, turned to her, then hugging her.  "It's alright... Nezuko.  I know they're watching you and your brother, even now.  I know... they're proud of you."  Taeko had said to her softly.  Nezuko continued to sob into the female's shoulder.

"Thank you..."

Both of the Kamado siblings had cried for a while, and the rest of the boys started to cry after a while as well.  Eventually, the group had pulled themselves into a group hug.  The group had cried together for a few minutes, knowing how this felt.  Kanjoro had lost his entire family, but his father.  And Taeko had lost her parents as well.  To the same cause. "We should probably get going.  Rest easy... everyone."

Tanjiro had mumbled this out loud, before slowly standing up.  He was the first to stand up.  And then one by one, the group stood up, following him afterwards.  The group then headed over to Kanjoro's place.  It wasn't that far from where Tanjiro and the group were currently walking from.  Kanjoro had happened to find his father there as well.  Minato had greeted them and tagged along with them.

The group had clasped their hands together.  Tanjiro then spoke up as well.

"Hello... it's nice to meet you.  I'm Kanjoro's boyfriend, Tanjiro Kamado.  I know... how it feels to lose a family from demons.  But now, Kanjoro is back to being a human.  And I love him so much, even now.  I promise that I'll take care of him."  He had stated.  Suddenly, he heard Kanjoro speak up.

"I... I avenged you all.  Mother, Hima, Hana... are you all proud of me?"  He had asked, a tearful smile on his face.  wiped his tears, but they kept coming out.  Tanjiro had already pulled Kanjoro into a hug as well.  "I'll keep living on for you all.  I know Father is with me now, but... I miss you all.  So much..."  Kanjoro had mumbled, looking down at the ground.  He then faced Tanjiro, finally hugging him back.  The group had eventually gone to the two for a group hug.  Everyone clung onto each other and cried once more.

"Your mother would be proud of you, Kanjoro.  So will your sisters."

Kanjoro glanced to see his father.  A soft smile on his face as he had spoken.  The male had nodded, tears still flowing down his face.  He wiped away the tears, but he covered his face with his hands as he quietly sobbed.  After some time of silence, Kanjoro had stood up.  He then turned towards the group.  "Come on.  Let's go, everyone.  Rest easy... Mother, Hima, Hana.  I will never forget about you all."  Everyone nodded and followed Kanjoro.  He then bid goodbye to his father as the group headed out.

On the other hand, Tanjiro had sighed quietly, as he walked.  The male then took a deep breath.  He had finally did it.  The battle was over.  His beloved was back in his arms, and everything was alright now.  After so much suffering and pain, it was over now.  Tanjiro had felt a weight lift off his shoulders.

He then looked up at the sky, a soft smile coming on his face, despite the tears that he let out earlier.  "I know you all are watching me and Nezuko from above.  We'll both live on for you all."  He had thought.  He then closed his eyes, the soft smile still on his face.

He then held onto Kanjoro's hand, as he walked with his friends as the sun was rising.

The end...