Chapter 8: His nephew

Tengen Uzui

"So... this is really beginning, huh?"  A young man had asked out loud.  He stood in his estate, walking around a bit.

He had white hair, and pinkish red eyes.  He had a sleeveless uniform, and a crystal crown of some sort on his head.  He then closed his eyes, thinking about it for a few moments.

The Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui had a lot on his mind right now.  Before he could recollect his thoughts, he heard a knock on the door.  He slowly walked over to the door, then opening it.  It revealed to be Minato Hyuga, the bodyguard of the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps.  He was also a spy of some sorts for the group.

"Hello Tengen."  Minato had replied, bowing down.  Tengen had smiled slightly.  "Hello again, Minato."  He had stated.  "May I come in?  If you're not busy with anything, of course."  Minato had stated.  "Of course.  Come on it.  You're welcome in here any time."  Tengen had replied, letting the door open for Minato to let him in.

"Before we sit down to talk, you need anything?  Something to drink?"  Tengen had asked.  "No thank you.  But thank you for the offer.  I just want to check up on how you were doing.  The attack we had was unexpected.  But I have a feeling why this happened."  Minato had pointed out.  Tengen had raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?  Do tell me."  Tengen had stated, curious to know why as well.  Minato then took a deep breath and sighed.

"There's a possibility that those three were alive."

Tengen's eyes widened at this.

"What?  Alive?  But their crows told us that-" He had begun before Minato interrupted him.  "I know.  It is a shock to hear.  But once Muzan would fatally injure someone, he would be the type to make sure that they were dead for sure."  Minato had pointed out.  "Wait... what are you saying then?"  Tengen had asked.  Minato paused for a moment.

"I know that it wouldn't make sense for Muzan to leave someone like that.  He's cruel hearted.  But my son... your nephew, wouldn't back down from a fatal shot like that, would he?"  That made Tengen pause to think about that for a few moments.

He knew how tough Kanjoro was.  He took Kanjoro as his Tsugoko, since he was his nephew as well.  And he saw what Kanjoro would do out there.  He had sighed quietly, before slowly shaking his head.  "I'm sorry.  But Muzan is cruel.  I'm unsure of Kanjoro surviving an attack like that."  He had pointed out.

Tengen had remembered the day.  The day where he was told that Kanjoro, his nephew and Minato's son, was gone.  His wives were there to hear it too.

Tengen couldn't believe it.

He thought that the crow was messing with him right now.  However, the instant he was told of this, he heard sobbing.

From his wives.

Makio had looked away, the tears already falling, her fists clenched.  Suma had fallen to her knees, sobbing.  Hinatsuru had covered her face with her hands, sobbing quietly.  That's when Tengen knew that the crow wasn't kidding.

"Why...?  How?!"  Tengen had stood there in horror.  He knew how tough his nephew was.  But how would Kanjoro lose to Muzan like that.  He felt his fists clench up.

"Kanjoro... why?!  Why did it have to be him?!"  Makio had cried out, shaking her head.  Suma had simply only sobbed.  Hinatsuru had shaken her head.

"I... I don't know, Makio!  I don't know..."

Minato was there to hear the news as well.  He had his fists clenched, and he looked away.