Prologue

6 months ago

"Come on, Kanjoro, this way!"

"I'm right behind you!"

"Come on!  Hurry!"

Three figures ran through a fortress.  It seemed like they were trying to escape out of there.  The reason?  Well, you're about to find out.

Those three were demon slayers.  Two males and one female.  One of the males had white hair, wearing the uniform for demon slayers, although it was a sleeveless one.  He had a wisteria flower on his uniform.  His pinkish red eyes were filled with determination, as he held onto his friend's hand.

The other male, had long raven hair, tied into a ponytail but with a color of emerald teal near the end of his hair.  He had bandages wrapped around the chest area, and he wore the demon slayer pants.  He had a wolf mask over his head.  He was calm, yet serious.

The female, who remained behind him while looking back, had chestnut brown hair tied into a bun.  She had the usual demon slayer uniform on, but she wore a wisteria patterned haori.  Unlike the other two, her mint-colored eyes were filled with worry and anxiousness.

"How long does this fortress go?!"  The raven-haired male asked, as he continued to run, his other two friends behind him.

There was also a wolf that the male with the wolf mask had taken along with him.  The wolf in front of him had continued running in front of them, guiding them to an exit.

"That doesn't matter right now!  We need to find the exit!  Come on!  We need to follow White Fang!"  The female had exclaimed, running behind the wolf.  No one was chasing behind the trio.  However, the female had a feeling that someone had saw.  As the trio continued running, the white-haired male had taken notice of a door not too far from where the trio was at.  He pointed ahead for the other two to see.

"I see a door over there!  Come on!"

The trio sprinted towards the door, opening it immediately.  The next thing they saw was a dark sky, and the moon shining brightly above them.  The white-haired male sighed in relief.  The raven-haired male lets go of his friend's hand, catching his breath.  "Are you... are you both okay?"  The female had asked, turning to the other two.  She was trying to catch his breath.  Both males had turned to the female, nodding.

"We're fine.  We need to get back to headquarters.  And fast."  The raven-haired male had pointed out, making the other male nod in agreement.  "You're right.  Come on, let's go-" He had begun, before he had suddenly froze.  He then slowly turned around.  A look of horror came on his face almost immediately.

All of a sudden, the other two slowly turned around.  The same looks came on their faces as well.  What was going on?  In front of them, was a man with a black suit, with a white fedora.  His red eyes had stared at the trio, with the scariest expression the trio had ever noticed.

"So... this is where you all ran off to?  I figured.  You would've easily found the nearest exit in that fortress."  He had said in a low tone of voice.

The female's hands shook, telling her to draw her sword.  But why couldn't she?  Her hands shakily moved to the hilt of her sword but kept her hand there.  Both males did the same for their weapons as well.  Why couldn't they fight?  Why couldn't they move?  The red eyed man stared at the trio, slowly walking over to them by a few steps.  He then stared them down.

"I have no use for that demon boy anymore.  He's so stubborn.  However, did you all really think you could run away and escape?"  The trio didn't say anything.  Instead, they were shaking.  Why?  The man didn't seem to do anything at first.  But the trio knew well that he was going to do something now.