Chapter 7: Anticipate

Kiko Suzuki

Kiko had just exited her estate, closing the door behind her.  She was now on her way to Shinobu's estate, the Butterfly Mansion.  She started walking on her way there.  Fortunately, she didn't live too far from her estate, so Kiko could just walk there and make it there in a few minutes.

As Kiko walked into the front of the mansion, she finds herself in the butterfly garden.  A bright grassy field with butterflies flying around her.  She looked around, then seeing a female standing there.

She had raven hair in a side ponytail, with a green and pink butterfly hairpin.  She had gentle pink eyes.  She wore the standard demon slayer uniform but wore a skirt instead of pants.  To finish off the look, she wore a white cape.  It was Shinobu's Tsugoko, Kanao Tsuyuri.

Kanao was simply looking at the butterflies, minding her own business.  Kiko then quietly walked over to Kanao, bowing down to her.  "Lady Tsuyuri."  She had greeted.  Kanao turned around and bowed to her slightly.

"Lady Suzuki.  What brings you here?"  She had asked in a soft tone of voice.  Kiko was always told by Shinobu that Kanao always used a coin to make her decisions.  However, Kiko had recently seen her speak more without using the coin.

"Is Shinobu here?  I am just here to visit her.  Nothing more."  She had stated.  Kanao thought for a moment, before speaking up.  She then slowly shook her head.

"She has gone out to find some herbs at the moment.  However, you may head inside.  I do not think she would mind you visiting."  Kanao had replied.  Kiko nodded slowly.  "Thank you.  Have you seen my Tsugoko?  I haven't seen her ever since I have returned and met her here the other night."  She had pointed out.  Kanao's stoic expression then into one of concern.

"Hikari?  She's in the mansion as well.  However... I do not think it is a good idea to bother her."  Kanao had replied.  Kiko tilted her head to the side.  "May I ask why?"  She had asked.

"She is upset right now.  Ever since we have lost three important demon slayers, she has been devastated and cries from time to time.  Aoi and Shinobu are trying to comfort her the best they can."  Kanao had pointed out.  Kiko nodded in understanding.  "I see.  If it is not too much to ask, may I know who the demon slayers were?"  She had questioned.  Kanao was about to answer.

"They were-" Kanao had begun, before a new voice had called out to her.

"Lady Suzuki!"

Kiko had slowly turned around, seeing two people run over to her.  She had recognized the two right away.

The Nature Hashira, Hikashi Zanko, and the bodyguard of the leader of the Demon Slayers Corps, Minato Hyuga.  Hikashi wore the usual demon slayer uniform but has a nature patterned haori.  Minato on the other hand, has dark brown hair past his shoulders, and bright blue eyes.  His hair was also in a ponytail.  He had a haori with a flame pattern, similar to the Flame Hashira's haori.  Kiko had immediately bowed to them, but a curious expression came on her face.

"Is there something wrong?"  Kiko had questioned.  Hikashi then spoke up.

"The master needs to speak to you.  He has asked us to find you."  Kiko then frowned a little.  However, she had nodded slowly.  "Of course."  She had replied.  She bids goodbye to Kanao before turning around to walk.  She had started walking to the front of leader's mansion.  What else could he need to ask her?  Did she do something wrong again?

But Kiko had already apologized to the leader the other day.  However, Kagaya was rather forgiving about it.  He had told her to take care of others and herself.