Chapter 40: The end (Finale)

It had been a few weeks ever since the long battle. Everything had been... rather quiet. Peaceful as it seemed. It felt... rather nice to a lot of people. Especially at the Demon Slayer headquarters. The Hashira were back to living their normal lives, although visiting one another from time to time.

And for the other demon slayers, there were a lot of changes within them, in a good way. And on top of that, there were lots of new couples around and some that were still together. 

Kyo Tomioka and Sanemi Shinzugawa were still together. Sanemi had grown softer around Kyo as of lately. Well, he always had a soft side whenever he was around Kyo. Sanemi had warmed up to his brother more and spoke with him more often, and Kyo was always standing there with a happy smile. Genya would always see the two of them hug sometimes, and Sanemi would always tell Genya to leave, with a blush on his face. Genya would always walk away, teasing him afterwards.

Kiko Suzuki and Kyojuro Rengoku had gotten together a little while after the battle. Although Kyojuro had kissed her after she had been injured, Kiko stated that she wasn't ready, despite her feeling the same way. Kyojuro had respected that, and waited until the battle was over. And when it did end, Kyojuro stated that he still had feelings for her. The two of them were happy, knowing that they could be together. Kyojuro had even took her to see his father, and she was a nervous wreck, but his father seemed to like her. But she enjoyed Senjuro's company and dotes on him a lot.

Haruka Nakano and Yuuki Nakano had been turned back into humans, thanks to Tamayo. The two of them hugged and were in tears, knowing that they were back to normal again. Knowing that it was just the two of them left, they decided to stick together and live together, visiting their parents' grave every week. The two would also visit Tamayo and Yushiro as well pretty frequently.

Rinna and her friends still lived in the same place, and their aura was livelier and no longer the tense aura during the battle. Rinna and her friends would always visit the headquarters frequently to see Kanjoro and the others. Rinna always saw Kanjoro as a little brother, despite her just being one year older than him. 

Sabito and Makomo had reunited with Giyu once more. Lots of happy tears were shed, but they promised each other that they weren't going to be separated again. The three of them stick together now and visit the others from time to time. And Sabito and Makomo coddle Emiko frequently, and still see her as an innocent child.

Meanwhile, within the Butterfly Mansion, lots has changed.  Despite Kanae once being the master of the mansion, Shinobu still took over as the master of the mansion. The Insect Hashira thought of giving that position back to her older sister. But Kanae had told her that Shinobu had done well and decided to still let be in charge. Nonetheless, she stills helps out in the Butterfly Mansion.

As for the Miyazaki siblings, a lot has changed for them. Hikari had taken a liking to Nezuko, and would instantly go red if she was mentioned. Ever since then, Hikari was a nervous wreck around the female. However, Nezuko was quick to notice that, and said that she liked her too without giving Hikari a chance to respond. It ended up in lots of hugs afterwards. Since then, they have been together, but they're choosing to take it slow for a while.

Emiko and Kanao ended up being together as well. The two of them ended up confessing to each other by complete coincidence. How? They ended up confessing to each other at the same time. After realizing that, they both blushed, and Emiko had quickly hugged her. Kanao and Emiko would easily been seen sitting together underneath a tree, or even watching the stars at night.

As for Hiroshi, he would watch his sisters from the sidelines. But little did he know, he would find someone that he had gradually grown feelings for too. Aoi Kanzaki. He had realized this, as he would bump into her frequently whenever he was at the Butterfly Mansion. The two of them were already close friends anyway. Aoi would always deny it, but sooner or later, she would gradually grow feelings for him too, seeing how kind he was to her. And eventually, the two would open up to each other and confess their feelings towards one another. They were both certainly surprised when they both felt the same way for each other.

For Taeko and Zenitsu, the two were still happily dating. Although now, Zenitsu would protect Taeko more often. At times, the female wouldn't allow it, but he always insisted on protecting her instead. The two of them would go out to the city, going over to eat food. Zenitsu had even thought of proposing to her but was nervous to ask for her siblings' blessings. But he had gotten approval from all three of them, although he could feel Hiroshi's deadly stare at him.

Shinozuka and Inosuke remained together as well. Inosuke was back to his old self once again, which Shinozuka had to put up with. But he certainly didn't mind. Inosuke was always seen protecting Shinozuka now as well. Aoi at times, would ask his thoughts Inosuke about marriage. Inosuke was honestly confused on what that was. That ended up with Aoi giving him a ten minute lesson on what that was. That made Inosuke extremely flustered at first. But ever since then... he had some thoughts about that.

And as for Kanjoro and Tanjiro, they're always seen together. Either holding hands or cuddling with one another. Nezuko was super happy and thought that they were super cute together. She would be seen squealing in happiness. She would spy on them with Hikari at times. Tanjiro always thought of proposing to Kanjoro at some point. However, he would need to find the right time for it, since the battle was just over. 

But everyone was happy. Happy that the battle was finally over. Many lives were lost as the battle went on. However, nonetheless, everyone had stuck with one another throughout the whole thing. Even so, they would never forget the pain and wounds that they had to endure to end the battle. But despite, that, they were glad that they endured it, to get through to today.

It was finally over.