Assault on the Control Room

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Chief and Ash get behind the Warthog and help the marines eliminate all threats in the area.

"That's all of them." A marine sighs in relief. "The area's secure."

"We got another group of Marines in need of assistance." Xi informs and a way point is marked on Ash's hud.

"On it." Ash says.

Chief and Ash move their way through the canyon and finds another group of Marines fighting near a Scorpion tank. Ash throws several grenades, blowing up an approaching Ghost and a group of Grunts.

After several minutes of fighting all threat are eliminated.

"That's the last of 'em - area secured!" Sergeant Johnson shouts. "Stand down, team! They did their damnedest, that's for sure. This is all that's left of my platoon! The Covenant are down here in force... and they brought plenty of toys! I wouldn't have given us a snowball's chance until you showed up, Chief. Six."

Ash looks at the team in awe. "I could destroy this entire ring with this." He then hops in the tank and giggles like a kid. "This is gonna be lots of fun!"

"Remember the mission, Six." Xi calls out.

"I know, I know." Ash then mumbles "At least let me have some fun."

Ash, The Chief and the Marines advance and are swiftly fires upon by more Covenant approaching.

"Aw, crap!" A Marine yells. "Let's get the hell outta here, man! Somebody call the dropship!"

"You two that garbage right now, mister." Johnson yells. "You're a marine, so act like it, dammit! We've got a job to do here."

Cortana then speaks over coms. "Negative, team. No evac available at this time. But the Chief, Six, Xi and I could use some assistance."

"Okay, Marines. Time to pay back the Chief and Six for pulling your sorry tails out of the fire. prepare to move out!"

Ash and The Chief reach a second large open area, where one Wraith hovers on the ice and another lurks on top of the cliff at the far end of the canyon. More Ghosts, Shades and Covenant infantry are also present.

"Bloody hell! Enemy forces have armor support... It's time to earn our pay." A Marine says.

"The Covenant placed their tanks to defend the entrance to the tunnel." Xi informs.

The Shades fire onto the group as they enter, and plasma mortar fire comes down onto them.

"Six, the shades." Chief calls out.

"On it!" Ash shouts and his tank turret moves and locks onto a shade. He fires, blowing up the shade. "Hate those things."

"Incoming Mortar fire!" Xi informs.

Ash moves away as everyone scatters for cover. He then turns his turret and aims at the driver seat of the first Wraith and fires, killing the driver and blowing up the Wraith.

"Good work, Ash." Xi cheers.

"Looks like that armor wasn't so tough after all!" A Marine shouts. "Let's mop up the rest of 'em!"

Ash aims his turret up at the second Wraith at the far end of the canyon. He hums and aims the turret up higher and slightly to the side. Then he fires and several seconds later he sees a blue explosion at the other end of the canyon. 

"Yes!" Ash whispers. "I'm so freaking awesome!"

The group enters the tunnel, with Asher running over a pair of Hunters, and they come across a large cavern. More Covenant wait inside, including another Hunter pair.