Chapter 25 Forgive

The news of the ten Azkaban escapees spread like wildfire around Hogwarts. Before anyone knew it, anyone who had a relationship to one of the prisoners was now being pointed at and whispered about. Susan Bones was one of them. She came up to Harry, claiming she'd no clue how he does it all the time. Potter himself was pissed over the article because the Ministry had speculated that Sirius must've done it. Especially since one of them is his cousin; Bellatrix Lestrange's maiden name is Black. When Y/N saw that she was one of them, she looked to Draco and asked how he felt about it. He didn't seem to care much about it, claiming he knows next to nothing of her.

The chaos just seemed to keep going. Half a week later everyone was still talking about it, not that Sparks can blame them. She's just as curious about it. Her friends thought about asking one of the teachers, specifically McGonagall whether or not she had heard any news, but their efforts went against Umbridge's new rule.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS,

Teachers are hereby banned from giving students any

information that is not strictly related to the subjects

they are paid to teach."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on top of her current authoritarian style reign over the school, Umbridge put Hagrid on probation. They all had a feeling it was coming, seeing as her visit to the class went horribly. However, no one seemed to consider the possibility of probation. Y/N told Hagrid when she found out that it'd be best for him and them if he didn't step out of line any further. That he should stick to the Ministry-approved curriculum. It soon became clear that the inquisitor was looking to achieve sacking a professor. The question everyone had was whether it would be Hagrid or Trelawney. Both classes starting being monitored by Umbridge. She'd just stand and watch, waiting for the moment to bombard the teacher with questions.

 She'd just stand and watch, waiting for the moment to bombard the teacher with questions

Y/N stands in the D.A.'s meeting spot, staying behind to continue practicing. The news of the breakout has lit a fire under every member and it seems they're more eager to learn than ever. Neville especially has changed, almost concerningly so. The news of Bellatrix's escape, one of his parent's torturers has had its effect.

Hermione's D.A. coin has impressed Sparks greatly. It was a genius idea to make it look like the average galleon. A stranger to them would never suspect anything. It reminds her a bit of the emergency charms she made for all the Order members and her friends.

Y/N points her wand at a dummy, standing across the room. "Incarcerous!"

Ropes wrap around the thing like a boa constrictor, slowly squeezing more and more as the seconds go by.