Chapter 33 Impulse

"Oh... my... god..."

About a hundred Hogwarts students stand in the corridor, observing the statement, written on the wall. There's a hue of mortification in the air, but under it all, lies a bit of admiration. Satisfaction from Umbridge's face of utter shock and anger, as well as the fact that someone got up to do it in the first place.

 Satisfaction from Umbridge's face of utter shock and anger, as well as the fact that someone got up to do it in the first place

Filch rushes down the hall with a latter and a bucket, filled with water and soap. He struggles to set it up fast enough so he can start wiping away the paint. Little does he know, he'll be there for hours.

"who would do such a thing?"

"a badass."

"if they get found, they'll surely be expelled."

"Did ------- do this?"

Hermione leans to Y/N. "I can't believe someone would do this."

She smiles for a second, before covering it with false shock. "Me neither."

The girl looks to her. "You didn't.."

"......no."

"are you kidding me?!"

"Pipe down. I did it because it was the right thing to do. The D.A. is over, there's nothing left to lose anyways."

Granger looks at her like she's a child. "there is plenty to lose. Have you lost your damn mind."

She looks to the window. "Can't you just take pleasure in it? This was the best thing I've done in ages."

There's a silent second. "You can't do stuff like this, Y/N. Your parents work for the ministry."

"In a position higher than Umbridge's."

"And lower than Fudge's."

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not worried about my parent's jobs."

"Well you shoul-"

"All of you," Umbridge proclaims. "Get to the Great Hall. Rest assured, whoever's done this and and yesterday's stunt, will be punished."

Y/N walks into the room, feeling accomplished. She'd set out what she'd intended last night. And no one will be forgetting about this anytime soon.

"Can we talk?"

She turns around to find Draco, standing there timidly. As he does so, Spark's sense of euphoria fades away like smoke from a fire. As if her sense of life and self have just been drained from her. And it's all because of this beautiful idiot.

Her fingers close into a fist. "..."

"please, sparks."

Y/N walks past him, signaling the boy to follow her on the way out. He seems to do so, slowly but surely. He trails behind her like a shadow, attached, but separate. Had someone seen he two of them walking, that might be exactly what they thought him to be, her shadow.