Chapter 32 Betrayal

"What, so he's just gone???"

Harry nods to Y/N. "Yeah, he told them he wasn't going to 'come quietly' and he meant it."

"This is madness." Hermione mutters. "How did we get here?"

"I believe that Edgecombe can answer that

"I believe that Edgecombe can answer that." She mutters.

"Cheers to that." Ron agrees."

Granger looks across the library. "And if it couldn't get any worse, Umbridge has the list, she knows everyone from that meeting."

"We shouldn't have written it down.'

Sparks shakes her head. "No, we couldn't have seen this coming. And besides, it's not like no one's noticed something's up."

"Yeah," Harry notes. "Umbridge got a witness to our meeting in the Hog's Head. Right now, we're all just lucky that there's no proof of a meeting happening after the rule was instated."

She looks out the window of the library. "People know, anyways. I mean, one did anyhow."

There's the sudden feeling of someone grabbing her hand; Hermione. "Who?"

Y/N's teeth clench for a second. "Theo."

"Nott?" Ron asks. "Who do you know he kn-"

She stops him. "-He told me. But I didn't think it was important because he claimed he had no reason to tell. Said that he wouldn't unless it ended up somehow benefitted him."

A sigh exits Weasley's mouth. "Top notch guy that cousin of yours."

"She should be more focused on her boyfriend."

"Don't remind m-"

"-He helped her, Y/N!" Potter snaps. "Honestly, I don't understand you. How can you have absolute hatred to her, but support him. Your moral compass is spinning like a top."

"I'm trying!" She slams her hand down. "You don't get it, Harry. You don't understand how it feels to be in a true relationship."

Her friends go silent, watching her anger-induced outburst. Her reaction built out of true rage and frustration.

"You've never even been in a relationship. So you have no right to sit there and tell me how to handle this! I have given every emotional part of myself to him and now I'm just supposed to walk away from that?! A person doesn't do that lightly. So back off."

Granger tries to stop her as she's getting out of her seat, but it's too late. Before anyone can even say a thing to the girl, she's got her bag and she's gone.

Y/N can handle a lot of things, but being scrutinized for caring about a person is not one of them. 

"Hey."

She looks to Fred. "What? Dear god, what is it now?!?"

His face is blank and shocked.