Chapter 37 Mutiny

A Few Weeks Later

"Hey."

Theo looks shocked, but relaxes when he realizes it's Y/N. "Hey."

She smirks. "Mr. Nott, is that a cigarette???"

"Shut up."

"Oh come on, where's that chipper attitude?"

"What about you? Y/N Sparks, All Style And No Substance."

Her eyes meet with the sky

Her eyes meet with the sky. "Just bad press, it'll go away, most stories do."

His hair's aloof. "Fair enough, I presume tomorrow a new article on your mate will come out."

She nods. "Harry sure does have the world's eye."

They stand in silence for a moment in the dark of night. The stars shine just bright enough to be seen, but not as bright as usual. The northern lights have decided to take a break and there's next to no moon

"You're different."

Nott lets out a scoff of sorts. "Do tell."

She recalls last year. "I seem to remember a guy who's face went pink when I spoke back and a guy who was nervous around me."

"Things change, Sparks. You know that."

His new cynical attitude about the world seems to have taken over his whole personality. Whatever happened to him this past Summer changed him for good, that shy boy is gone. Now he stands here with a mouth and a cig. And yet she still finds his presence to be welcome. He's not a downer or a total jerk. He just seems to be relaxed. A little apathetic, but not quite numb. Somewhere in there, his feelings are alive and feeling safe hidden.

"Your little army got exposed."

"And not by you." She notes. "Seems you lost out on having the pleasure. Marietta Edgecombe beat you to the punch."

He blows smoke out of his mouth. "You lot sure ruined her, scars like those."

Y/N gazes to the sky. "She got what she deserved. Besides, it'll fade."

His voice is quiet. "She'll always be the sneak though. And I may not have been the one to tell your secret, but I know many. Which is why I wanted to talk to you.."

"What do you mean?"

Theo turns to her with a sigh. "I'm gonna do this only because I find you tolerable and Parkinson quite the opposite."

"okay?.."

"He's miserable."

She thinks on it. "What do y-"

"Malfoy," He let's out. "the lad's a fucking downer. Ever since you walked in on him and Pansy, he's been a bore. He's only ever pissed off or jealous. And your little thing with Carrington has got him mad."