Swadmare - Just One More Chance?

Start from the beginning

I read for a few hours before falling asleep.

...

I got Morning up and ready and we were off to the store. It was probably close to 11:30 am when we left. I got a cart and and she sat in the bottom part as we walked around.

As we were, a flash of gold caught my eye. I took a detour to follow it and...

It was him.

Swad.

The same skeleton I'd left behind. I tensed up and tried to walk away. But I heard him gasp and he walked over.

"Nightmare?" He asked. Wait...what? He didn't call me 'darling' or some other stupid pet name?

"What." I asked, turning to him. Morning was oblivious as to what was happening.

"Look, I want to apologize. I was truly a complete jerk to you. You didn't deserve that." Morning fluttered her wings a little. "Who's that?" I panicked. What was I supposed to tell him?! 'Oh yeah, this child that looks exactly like you I just found on the street' NO! I took a deep breath.

"She's your daughter. From me." I admitted. Swad was quiet for a long time.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He finally asked.

"That surprise the day before I left. That was it."

Swad stopped cold. It looked as though the color just drained from him.

"I-I'm so sorry Night." He walked over near Morning. I stopped him from getting too close though. "Can I?"

"No."

"Night, I promised I've changed. Can I prove it to you?" I thought for a moment.

"Okay. Look. I'll give you one chance to prove it. Screw it up, you're gone. Understand?" Swad nodded. "Okay. You can meet Morning."

"Morning? That's a lovely name." He gently picked my daughter up and and held her. Morning giggled and smiled at Swad. She stretched her wings and Swad mimicked the action. Morning was stunned.

I continued along with my shopping, Swad and Morning in tow. After I paid for everything we all got in my car. Swad had to tuck his wings a certain way to get in. I drive us home and we talked the whole way, with Morning zoning out as little kids do.

"So. What made you change?" I finally asked.

"I felt bad. I shouldn't have treated you that way and I wanted to make it up to you, since I missed you. Now I'm glad I found you. It's nice to know I have a daughter." He glanced back at Morning. "I will try my best to make it up to you."

"You better."

When we arrived home, Swad carried Morning inside as I got the groceries. Morning seemed to like her father quite a lot. I sighed happily at that. I started putting things away. Swad came over and helped me. I smiled at him. Then I walked off to go see Morning, who needed a nap. Maybe Swad has changed. He hasn't tried to love-bomb me or get mad with me. He's just been a normal monster.

...

Swad POV:

Soon, Nightmare seemed to accept me more. He left me alone with Morning and even cuddled with me once. Right now, I was sitting with Morning. She was telling me about birds. Nightmare said she had an odd interest with them. I heard the front door open and we both looked to the entrance to the room, where Nightmare appeared a few seconds later. He looked tired after his shift of work. He sat down beside us rested his head on my shoulder.

"You okay, Nightmare?"

"You're stupid." He muttered.

"Wha-? What did I do?" I asked.

"Your dumbass made me fall in love with you again." I blushed. I did win him back over. I chuckled.

"My charm too much for ya?" I joked.

"Nah. Your change in attitude is much appreciated though. As well as Morning liking you."

"I love Dada! Whewe was he befowe mama?"

"Uhhhhh...Vacation." Nightmare answered quickly.

"Okay!" Morning accepted. I chuckled again.

Now me and Nightmare raise Morning together. She doesn't have to go to daycare as much since I'm around in the time Nightmare isn't. Sometimes we just have her go because Palette misses her. It's an easy way for her to see her cousin.

I'm mostly glad I have Nightmare back. I was quite worried I would lose him.

I love him so much. And Morning, of course.

———————————————————————
1333 words