Epilogue 2

Four years later....

"Carl, where are the girls?"

"They are with me. We are in the backyard."

"What are you guys doing here?"

Two little angels came running towards me. "Mama, papa is teaching us how to fight."

"Carl, they are only four. At least give them one more year then you can teach them whatever you want."

"I'm okay with with it but convince your daughters. They are too enthusiastic to learn how to fight. They saw me and Luca having a sparring session last week. Since then they are not dropping the topic."

I bent down with our newborn son, Angelo, to align with my daughters. "Andrea, Aurora do you seriously want to learn how to fight?"

"Yes mama. And you told us you'll teach us how to use your daggers."

"Not now."

"But why?", they whined.

"Because you need to grow up a little bit and your brother is still a baby."

"Okay. Till then we can fight with papa."

"You can but don't get hurt."

Carl smiled at us and took Angelo from my arms. He cradled him in his arms.

This has been my life for the past four years. Carl and the two girls are inseparable. I carried them for nine months but I think they love their papa more. But I'm not complaining about it. Their bond makes me the happiest. For these four years I have taken care of all the business of the mafia and taken up only important jobs. Assassination is in my blood.I cannot leave it even if I want. Also, I'm teaching at the university. Life has been beautiful and now with our son, it's complete. He also likes to stay in his papa's arms more. We try to take some time out of our life just for ourselves. So, Luca takes the children to give us some time free.

Luca and Malena gave birth to a handsome baby boy, Armando. He is two years younger than Aurora and Andrea. And Lisa also gave birth to a beautiful boy, Vincenzo, just after a week of our daughters' birth. All the kids have immense love for each other.

Zio is running the Mexican mafia successfully and he got married to zia last year. I knew she was the one. Now if they just give me a sibling then everything will be complete.

The door opened with a click and Luca came into view. The girls ran towards him and he picked them up in his arms.

"Lulu, I want to play with Armando."

"Of course. And you know your zia is cooking your favorite food?!"

"Yeah!!!", Both of them were ecstatic to go with him.

Carl walked up to him, "Thanks man for always taking care of the kids. Next week Armando is our responsibility. Take the weekend for yourself. You need it."

"We definitely do."

I said, "Carl, where did you keep their bags?"

"They are in the nursery."

I brought the bag. "Luca, you take the girls. We'll drop Angelo, soon."

"Okay."

Carl said,"Give papa a kiss."

They kissed both his cheeks. "Mama will not get the kiss?"

And they came running to me and stamped their kisses on my cheeks. "Love you, angels. Be good. Don't disturb Lulu and Zia."

"Okay."

Carlos said,"I love you, babies. We'll pick you up tomorrow."

"Love you too, mama, papa. You be good." And we laughed. They are just four and already putting us in our place. And they left with Luca. I let out a sigh and looked at Carl. "We've come a long way."

"We did."

I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you, Mr. Valentino for giving me everything that I wanted. Thank you for keeping us happy and safe."

"I love you too, Mrs. Valentino. Thank you for giving me such beautiful angels and a perfect son. Thank you for keeping us happy and safe."

Maybe we are not like any other family but we are perfect in our own way. Five years ago, I wouldn't have believed that I would fall in love with Carlos Valentino. But standing here today I can say he's the only man I could have ever fallen in love with. I love him. I love our kids and I hope we can live with each other happily ever after...