Rose

I had the best morning of my life. Starting with kisses, morning sex and of course when Carl and I are in the same room, how can we not banter with each other. But I had my reasons. How the hell did he think that I'll be absolutely okay with his stalking. That's fucking creepy but still I like him too much to remain pissed with this simple thing.

The clothes in his wardrobe were absolutely my style. Lingerie, clothes, make up, though I'm not a make up freak but still everything was perfect. It really touched my heart that he prepared this so that I don't face any problem when I come back. He didn't even know whether I was going to keep my promise or not. Sweet.

I went down to the kitchen where I saw a lady almost my uncle's age were humming and preparing meals. I was able to recognise her. The infamous Nonna. When I say beside Carl, she was shocked to see me. Of course, lack of female figure. Understandable.

She's really sweet. Above all she's a fantastic cook. I have to tell uncle that he's no more my one of the favourite cooks. The reaction will be fun to watch.

After we had our breakfast, Carl dragged me to his bizarre garage. Like how can a person have twenty cars and five bikes. The garage was literally a banquet hall for vehicles. Though didn't show my shock to Carl but I'm shocked.

The whole ride was silent just holding each other's hands. It was much better than using any word. I'm scared with Lisa. I don't how she'll react. I just know one thing that I'm ready to end this friendship. And I'll do whatever it takes to keep it. Carl pulled in front of their penthouse. Time to face the devil.

We entered the hall and there was a sweet aroma allover the hall. I called Lisa and she came running out of the kitchen wearing her pyjamas and apron.

"What the hell is this? Don't you have work?"

"No meetings in the morning, so, I thought to prepare your winning cake . By the way I was not expecting my brother-in-law."

Carl chuckled and said, "Are you sad to see me?"

"Of course not. I'll keep in mind that now my best friend is not alone. She's finally dating."

Listening to that I stared at Carl. No words because from the time we have met we are either fighting or fucking or sharing moments but we never discussed about this. Whatever we have what is this. But that can pushed for later right now I have to tell Lisa the truth.

We both smiled at Lisa.

"Do you guys want coffee?"

Both of us denied. Nonna already stuffed us with a lot. Our signature breakfast were there but then she started to serve us her new dishes for tasting and I'm fucking full.

"Lisa, I have something to tell you."

"What? Are you pregnant? Oh my god I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt."

God this girl.

"No, Lisa. Calm down."

"Then what? Something on the bad side?"

"Depends on how you take it."

"Did you killed someone?"

"Yes."

She was shocked. Her eyes were almost out of it's sockets. I know she said that jokingly but she never thought that this is what I want to say.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Okay, first sir down. This is serious and please don't interrupt."

"I'm listening."

Carl was intelligent enough to not to interrupt our conversation.

"Do you remember 'Black Rose'?"

"Yes. Yes, I do."

"Did you know about her?"

"Yes, I got some cases about Black Rose. But she was nowhere to be found. It felt like occassionally comes kills and then vanish in thin air. We went to courtroom but she was never present and the most shocking thing is she was never charged guilty. She might murder people or take the laws in her hand but she never takes innocent lives. But why are you asking me about her?"

"So, do you think she's doing a good job or...."

"Partially, yes. I work for the law, Rose-"

And then she stopped. Maybe something strike in her head.

"Rose..... Rose.... BLACK ROSE!!! You were killing those people for all these years?"

She used to pull my leg with this name resemblance thing but how would she know that she was right all these time.

"Yes."

"But why?"

"Because I'm an assassin, Lisa. That's my profession. Yes, I do teach in an university but assassination is my passion."

"Do you know you sound creepy? Who takes up assassination as a passion?"

"Apparently, I do. But you didn't answer me, Lisa. Did you think she's doing the right thing?"

Her cheerful, happy expressions changed into something dark. I know she needs time. You just cannot be absolutely okay just after you hear that your best friend is an assassin, when you are a CEO of the law firm yourself.

"Look, I'm an lawyer and I work for the law. I would love to continue working in this side of the business but sometimes you need that illegal side to do justice. Our hands are tied in many extent. So, to answer your question, I'm not really happy about it but I don't hate you for that. Accept it or not, we need you. And I can't say anything to you since my husband is from the mafia family. Hypocrisy is not in my dictionary, bestie. So, take a chill pill."

I was in awe.  She's not a lawyer. How the fuck you can be this relaxed? I want her to shout at me, throw tantrums or better slap me but she's just standing there throwing logic at me. This is not my best friend.

"Who possessed you? And what did you do to my best friend?"

"Your best friend is right here. Next time before going to kill someone just inform me beforehand, so, that I can give you legal backing."

I'm confused but I hugged her. Is she for real? What did I do to deserve her? I was expecting everything but not this calmness.

"Ok but are seriously okay with my work?"

"Yes, I am but you could have tell me before."

"Nobody knew until yesterday. Only uncle knew because he's the one who created Black Rose."

"Okay, now enough of the blood talk. I can see Carl cannot keep his mouth shut and my cake is also ready. Have some."

"You are right, Alisa. But truly speaking I'm also shocked to see your reaction."

"And I'm shocked to see you guys together."

"Don't be. I'm not letting your best friend go anywhere. So, I'll always be there with her even if you like it or not."

"Aww, look at you. Already acting like a couple."

This continued for some time. I'm happy that Lisa is okay with it. Now I can focus on the real deal. Tomorrow is the gala for the newly weds. Yes, after one month because they went on a one month honeymoon. Shocking truth, I must say. Nevermind. After the gala, that bastard is going to die. The clock is already ticking, Diego. There's not much time left. Be ready to witness your death.