Chapter 4

I reached Liberté at around 10 A.M. When I reached there, I was dumbstruck. When will her bad habit of not giving proper information go? From outside I saw Giana Amante sitting with Floria Valentino, Silvana Valentino, and some of the girls who worked in the warehouse. Those girls and Alisa became very good friends since she started dating and I met them when we were on a girls' night out. I know almost all of them except Mrs. Valentino and Ms. Valentino and that's not good news. Gathering all my courage I entered the revolving door. Alisa's face lit up when I entered the store.

"Hey, bestie. I thought you were bailing on the dress shopping."

"Not happening." The next words came out in a whisper. "Why didn't you tell me that your mother-in-law and sis-in-law will also be here? Have seen my outfit today? I look like a girl who just woke up from her hangover."

"First of all, it's pretty natural that they'll be here. And second, you don't look like a girl with a hangover. You can pull off anything. Even a rucksack will also look good on you. You wore whatever you felt comfortable in. So, it doesn't matter what people think. And Floria and Silvana are the most chilled-out people and they don't mind you wearing your hangover clothes. Relax and choose the dress that gives off your vibe."

"Okay, mia signora."

Lia and Angelina were jumping at their place after seeing me. I never thought my presence could bring so much joy to people. Giana came and hugged me.

"It's been so long since I met you, Rosy. Did you forget about us?"

"No, Gianna it's not like that. Just busy with the everyday schedule but I promise you that I'll come more often to your house now that your daughter is getting married."

"We'd love to have you. By the way, let me introduce you to Valerian's mother and sister."

She pointed at both of them. "This is Floria Valentino, Valerian's mother and this is Silvana Valentino, his sister."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. and Ms. Valentino."

I tried to shake my hands with them but with utter surprise, Floria pulled me into her embrace and stroked my back.

"It's nice to meet you, sweetheart. I have heard so much about you from Alisa. Oh, my poor child, you didn't deserve anything that happened at such a young age."

I was shocked listening to that. I never thought Alisa would say those things. It's not like I asked her to keep it a secret but she should have. I don't like talking about my past because people only sympathize me after listening to it. I don't want anyone's sympathy. Yes, I had a disturbed childhood but that somehow has made me the person I am right now. Ten years of torture and then I was thrown at the streets. I know that calls for people's sympathy but I don't want it. It makes me feel weak, and a damsel in distress.

"Mrs. Valentino, right now, I'm okay. It's all in the past. After my uncle took me in, I never heard of hardships and torture. I'm very happy with my life. I appreciate your care and concern but I hope you are okay if I say I don't want to talk about it."

"Yes, of course. It's nice to finally see you in person. And cut with all the formalities. Call me Floria."

"It's nice to see you too, Floria. I've seen you guys on the news headlines but never thought I'll meet you in person someday but all thanks to my best friend."

Silvana came up to me like a teenage girl. Her hug cut off my oxygen and thank god Alisa understood and pulled me from her embrace.

"Okay, are we done with all the emotional things I really can't wait to try on the dresses?"

"Yes, we are done with everything. Now, you can start your show. We are also eager to watch you find the perfect dress for your D-day."

We were served some delicious champagne and Alisa was going back and forth from the trial room to us. I don't know where she gets so much energy from. Finally, she chose a traditional white laced gown. And then came our turn. Me, Lia, Silvana, and Angelina went up to the designer and she showed us a peach, baby pink, light blue, and lavender colored gown.

"Can't we go with some deeper shades of color?"

"No, Amore. It will not go with my wedding theme. It would be fantastic if you go with lavender but since you guys can be very picky about your colors so I kept other options too. I'm a very generous person."

We discussed it and we thought of respecting our bride's wish. We went with the lavender color. It's good to see Alisa so happy. She's finally getting her happily ever after. With tears in her eyes, she hugged us. After both the mothers chose their dresses we left the store. We were so engrossed in the dress shopping that it was already afternoon and rats were doing cardio in our stomachs. Silvana understood and told.

"Let's go and eat something. I'm starving."

I couldn't resist the urge and said, "Yes, please. Me too. I didn't know shopping could be so tiresome even if we are treated to some excellent champagne."So, we went to the nearest restaurant and everyone ordered their favorite food.

It is so good to see everyone happy and chirpy. Our world is too dark to be true. Once you enter it there's no going back. It will pull you deeper and deeper. Maybe they don't know about my reality but I know what they go through. Mafia is not easy. You have to be cold, and ruthless to survive in this world. And that somehow takes your true self from you. But seeing them filled with so much love, gave me the hope that still there is some light in our dark world.