Carlos

We discussed about our alliance with Marco and he was elated to hear about that. Even their mother was also happy about this relationship. To avoid awkwardness Rose decided to stay back. The good news was that everything was finalized. Right now we only have to prepare for a grand wedding. Can't believe that bastard is getting married.

Luca proposed Malena in front of the whole family. That was a happy union.

"Rose, I hope you are ready to sabotage this bachelorette too."

"No. This time it'll go as plan. I don't want to get wasted but I do want to enjoy."

"Why? This time you won't miss Carl?"

"No. We decided to spend some time with our friends. After all, you are leaving your bachelor life and we need to celebrate that properly."

I was listening to their banter leaning at the door frame. They were engrossed in their conversation. They noticed me when I walked up to Rose.

"I agree with her. We should celebrate your last day as a bachelor. Tomorrow you'll be hitched, fratello."

Luca was not happy with this. Last time he wanted a proper bachelorette, so, we decide that this time he'll get the best bachelorette ever. We know how much he'll be pissed and it's funny to see him smitten by his woman. Luca stomped out of the room. Rose turned to face me but soon she laid her head on my chest.

"What happened?"

"Tired, Carl. This whole wedding preparation is so stressful."

"I told you to take it easy, mia cara."

"How can I take it easy when 'The Manwhore of the Year' is getting married?! And I'm again the Maid of Honour, I've some responsibilities."

I threw my head back and laughed like a maniac. "Does Luca know that he's been awarded this prestigious title?"

"Not yet but I'll let him know don't worry. But I seriously want to sleep, Carl, or else I'll not be able to process."

"Fine, come. Let's get you tucked in."

She giggled. "You sounded like a father."

"So, will you call me daddy?"

She smacked my chest and laughed happily. I hope no one can take this smile away from her and I'll make sure of that.

She slept like a baby. Lisa came and woke her up to get ready for the party. She was still looking exhausted. I told Lisa to give us five minutes. Though she was pouting but she listened.

"Rose, what's the matter why are you looking so exhausted? Wedding preparations cannot make you this exhausted."

And she cried. My whole body went into shock. "I don't know, Carl."

"Calm down, mia cara. You know how much I hate tears in your eyes. Do you want me to call a doctor?"

"No."

"But you're not feeling well, mia cara."

"I'll go for a check up once this is over."

"Okay, I'll take you."

She hugged me like she desperately needs something or someone to hold on to. Whatever is happening to her it's making me worry.

Just then Lisa knocked at our door and informed us that our five minutes break is over. I left the ladies to get themselves dressed.

I was going to Luca's room and Mrs. Espina approached me at the hallway.

"How can I help you, Mrs. Espina?"

"Carl, please call me Maria. I just wanted to talk to you about my daughter."

"Come let's sit and talk."

She followed me to the drawing room and took up the far end of the couch.

"How's she doing?"

"She's doing fine, Maria."

"Does she talk about me?"

"No, not much but I think she needs time. She has lived her whole life dreaming of a perfect family but she never got that. Now suddenly out of the blue if you try to be her mother then it's difficult for her to accept everything. But I know Rose is strong and she'll come around soon."

"I hope she does. I know I made a huge mistake but I had my reasons to keep her away from me. Diego never knew I was pregnant. If he knew then, he would have killed my child in my womb and she's the only part of Dino I had in my life. I could never take a risk with her life. But I know I should have fought for her."

"Maria, whatever you did, it was for your daughter. But you should understand her situation. Just give her some time, everything will fall into it's place."

She sighed and forced a smile on her face, "Fine. Another thing Carl, please keep my daughter happy. She's precious to me."

"I know and I intend to do so."

With that we went off to our ways. Rose was slowly accepting Malena and Marco as her siblings but it was still difficult for her to accept Maria as her mother. I'm not going to force her to do anything. When the time will be right, she'll mend all her relationships.

************************************

The wedding day came. The groom was nervous as hell and my brother Val is giving him advice. Funny enough.

"Am I looking great?"

"Malena will not be able to keep her hands off of you."

We cracked into laughter. That blew off some of his tension. Finally it was time to stand at the altar.

The bridesmaid came and it felt like I'm the groom and not Luca. Rose was looking stunning as ever. Then the bride entered holding her mother's hand and Luca burst into tears. We held our gaze during the whole ceremony just like we did during Val and Lisa's wedding.

Everyone gave their blessings to the newly weds. Both of them were glowing looking at each other but I only have eye for my girl. I want this to end, so, that I can have her all to myself. She's looking too exhausted to be true.

Everyone were dancing and enjoying themselves in their own way. I want to stay beside Rose but one way or people are making their way towards me one way or the other.

After a while people lost interest in having conversation with me. I was looking for Rose but there was no sign of her. I went into the mansion still no sign of her. She was not in our room, not in our or any of the bathrooms. I asked Lisa and she said she was feeling a little dizzy so she went inside to get some rest. But she was not there. Panick started to seep in my nerves. Where the fuck is she? And then a message entered into my phone. It was from an unknown number, there was a photo of Rose tied up to the chair with her mouth taped and she was unconscious. The message mentioned an address and it read "Save her if you can and don't be stupid to bring your men or else she dies."

Never in my life I thought I'll be scared and angry at the same time. Angry at myself. I could have stayed by her side but I chose to have bullshit conversations with the least important people today. Scared because I can't lose the most important person of my life. Nothing can happen to her. She'll come back safe even if I die today. She's the best thing that has ever happened to my life and I'll save her at all cost.