Ch.16

Obi's point of view

Everyone was up and doing their regular things as per usal, shirayuki was in the garden collecting herbs. Zen was busy with papers while Kiki and Mitsuhide helped and watch over him, Everyone was doing their usual thing except for (Y/N). This morning, there was a note on my door from her, i brought it to Zen after reading it.

Starting today, i will be doing the preparations for the ball, and i will be up earlier and will be going to my room late at night. This is more of a formality telling you, you'll be seeing me less.

I still try to process the information i just thought we were getting closer to each other.

Kiki: Could that be the reason Izana spoke to her before we left for the festival.

Mitsuhide: That would make sense

I couldn't rap my head around it before she was running around, horseback riding, pulling pranks, and goofing off. Now she's wearing gowns, holding stacks of papers, she completely changed. Even the master is uncomfortable with the new (Y/N). We accusationaly run into each other in this hall, but its nothing more than a hello as she walks off, i knew i should get used to this, she is a Duchess, but i cant help but what to be near her, i what to be by her side. I was sent off earlier than usual, Zen released me from my duties to relax for the day, and i was lying in a tree bored out of my mind. I walked around the halls of the castle, hoping to find something to do when i heard music coming from the grand ball room. I took a peek inside and saw (Y/N) dancing, she lookes beautiful, her body moving so graceful. I couldn't resist staring at her in awe. The music stopped for a second, and she lost her footing and tripped, i was going to step in and help her up but noticed a tall figure near the large windows in the hall. It was the first prince, he walked up to her and helped her up. I knew there's nothing going on with the two but couldn't help but clench my jaw, i didn't have a good feeling when those two were alone.

Izana: It's still surprising to see you doing actual work.

(Y/N): Oh please, you should be used to it with all the documents i sent to you.

Izana: Well, seeing as you have made your "courting ball" all on your own.

(Y/N): Please dont call it that. It sounds weird.

Izana: Either way, Im quite impressed on how you are able to do this all on your own.

(Y/N): Well, you should know what will happen that night and the outcome that will follow.

I see the way she lowerd her gaze, her eyes soften, the music started again and the first prince open his hand and dancing with her, the way they glide across the floor so swiftly, her hair moves so gracefuly. I stare at awe at them, not wanting to look away, the way they hold each other so close together, not stepping on eachothers feet. It was almost impossible to look away. As i kept looking at the two dances, i heard foot steps down the hall. I hid behind a suit of armor in the hall. Of course its Zen and the others, but shirayuki isn't with them, so it might have gotten busy in the infirmary, they walk in and closed the door meaning i can't look in anymore or hear anything.

(Y/N)'s point of view

I was dancing with Izana, practicing for the ball when Zen walked in with Kiki and Mitsuhide. They seem tired yet happy, i was wondering what made them have these emotions, but at the same time, i let them be. Izana and i parted ways, and i greated them properly to see their reactions.