Ch.2

Obi's point of view

This couldn't be something I'm looking forward to. Both princes are waiting for the Duchess to come out and defeat me in combat. I can see a nervous Mitsuhide. He's sweating so much. I try to calm him down, so i jokingly say, "Hey Mitsuhide, don't worry, I'll go easy on her." Kiki started to giggle while I was tired of waiting. She finally arrived. She wore an outfit similar to Kiki, and it was probably easier to move around during combat.
We go to get our weapons, I have my dangers and throwing knives, I look over and see her holding duel blades. I start to get nervous ,duel blades are known to be a strong yet difficult weapon to handle, welding that type of weapon takes many years to master could she really use them. As we get into our fighting stance, Kiki waved her hand to begin the fight we lounge at eachother, she douges my blade so I run up to her and end this quickly and aim for her legs. She jumps before I could kick her to the ground, she throws a few punches, I douge but lose my balance and she pushed me to the ground and she pines me to the ground and has a blade at my neck
"Still think I need protection." her smudge face is inches away from mine, and I hear Mitsuhide fall to the ground while Kiki calls it an end. We both get up, and I see both master and Mitsuhide wide-eyed, while Kiki and the first prince look proud.

(Y/N): Zen, I hope this shows you. I don't need a bodyguard.

Zen: Where did you learn to weld those duel blades? I heard they take years to master.

Izana: I guess those missions paid off, huh?

Zen: Brother, what do you mean by that? *looks at Izana in a concerned look*

(Y/N): You could say.

Zen looks at (Y/N) and Izana with a look of concern and confusion.

Obi's thoughts

This girl is something else. I have seen many things but a short/tall girl who can weld those. Now that's impressive, I want to know more of her she is interesting. Why was she gone if she had close ties to the castle? How can a young girl be able to use such difficult weapons? And why is it that everyone knows her yet never talks about her?

(Y/N)'s point of view

The look on everyone's faces was the best thing today, Mitsuhide and Zen looked pale as snow, Obi, with his shocked expression, lost in his own thoughts. If that were just their reactions, I'd love to see shirayuki's face. Now i can be alone and not be bothered with anyone, no bodyguards, no partners, and no one looking at my every move. I can relax and enjoy my time with friends and be one of my own again.

Zen: ok, fine, you won't have a bodyguard, but Obi will be your partner.

(Y/N): WHAT *im going to straggle him*

This is starting to get irritating, I hate working with someone they always hold you back. Izana had no objections, and knowing Zen, he wouldn't change his mind, so now I'm stuck with obi.
"Fine, but you can't stop me from telling shirayuki some of your embarrassing baby moments and pictures," and before he could say anything, I was running to the infirmary to get my revenge But I bummed into someone. "Oh my bad, I wasn't looking where I was. Oh hey Ryu," the little boy looked at me with his usual emotionless face, but there was a little glimpse in his eye. I help him onto his feet, and we walk to the infirmary, catching up on past memories. He told me all I have missed and that hes an official cort herbalist i was so happy that hes goten so far but i also felt sad knowing that i missed one of the meny important things in his life. Like Zen, i see Ryu like a little brother, we arrive at the infirmary, and there I see Obi and Shirayuki chatting it up in one of the offices. I sneak behind shirayuki and tickle her on her waist and she jumps up laughing, "No one is safe from my tickle attack" she had a lit blush on her cheeks when she gets up from laughing.

Ryu: You shouldn't tickle people who you just met. You might make them uncomfortable.

(Y/N): What's that supposed to mean, me and Shirayuki I are friends and soon to be sister in laws.

Shirayuki: WHAT, DONT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT.

We all laugh and see shirayuki's face burn red like a tomato. I am happy to be back, laughing and smiling again, I've missed this. But I know it won't last, so it's better to cherish these moments now. And spend the last of them with the ones that i love.

Obi's point of view

I look beside me, and I see (Y/N) with a sad look in her eyes. This girl is something the more I look at her, the more interesting she seems, what mysterious past she has.

(Y/N): You enjoying the view.

Obi: Oh ah sorry I didn't mean to stare.

(Y/N): Why would you be starting hmmm.

Before I could respond we heard a thud and saw Garaku she looked shocked and ran to hug (Y/N) practically tacking her, they seem to be close they both in tears and laughing at eachother but then *Smack*

(Y/N): Owwwww, what's that for.

Garaku: You leave for years, I don't hear from you, and now you suddenly show what kind of person does that.

Ryu: You didn't even send any letters.

(Y/N): You're not helping

Garaku: You know how worried I've been you're the clumsiest person I know, and you're always in here. I've been worried that you might have gotten seriously injured.

(Y/N): Hey, I was a kid. That's not fair. Well, now I'm skilled in combat and hardly get injured.

*Smack*

(Y/N): OK OK, IM SORRY

It was hard trying not to laugh, but I noticed one thing that Garaku said she used to be in the infirmary alot when she was younger, would she be that clumsy or something else could be happening in her life I don't know. I want to know if it's like temptation that I can't ignore.

3rd person point of view

As they all begin to leave the infirmary and try their own separate ways, Obi accompanied the girls to their rooms in the castle. Shirayuki was first she had to walk the closest, they said their good byes and night and walked to (Y/N)'s room which Zen said he'd personally accommodate to perfection, in which was strange for I'm to do, usually it would be Izana. As they head closer, Obi released they are next-door neighbors. He knows this because Zen showed him his new room a few hours ago.

Obi's points of view

I can't believe this is how the master wants me to protect her. As I was about to tell her, she was already in her room about to close the door. I entered mine and saw it was I bit bigger than my old one, probably because it was a branch of a tree or the castle roof; it had a balcony and a large bad, a walkin closet but I noticed another door so I was about to check what's it for when it was opened by (Y/N). We looked at each other, she grew angry and I could tell she was about to scream. "Why don't we deal with this tomorrow it's late, and before anything, I'll lock this door so nothing happened." She seemed to calm down a bit but said nothing she just nodded and left. I've decided to tell master that this might be a terrible idea.