The Past we had once

Tsukishima pants as he stopped running, stopping in front of a man. He took a bit of his time to catch his breath and the man turned around.

Tobio smiled at him. "Kei, you've arrived."

"Tobio..."

"Join me, will ya?" Tobio shrugged his shoulders as he smiles.

Tsukishima walks toward him and took his hands. The blonde raised Tobio's palms and pecked on them, tears flowing down. Tobio cupped his cheeks and both of them shared a kiss.

"I guess this was our fated faith as partners..."

"Why can't they just give us time for us to be together until our lifetime...?"

Both sobbed, hating the cruel ending they have to go through just because they were together.

"I never imagine my life to be with someone... But you came and that was the biggest changed of my life. Kei, i'm sorry i had to meet you and have your life end into this..." Tobio cried on his arms.

Kei didn't regret it. He never regretted it. He had accepted this and he can not believe that Tobio had regretted meeting him because of this.

"Kei... I'm scared okay?"

"It's alright... I am here with you. Do not be afraid."

"What if they will seperate us even after death? I don't want that..."

"They will never. I promised, didn't i? I promised and made an oath that i, Tsukishima Kei, will protect his Highness Kageyama Tobio even after duty, even after death."

"And i, Kageyama Tobio, made a vow to trust and love Tsukishima Kei even after our lifetime."

Tsukishima kisses his forehead as they both close their eyes, using their small time together and their warmth, knowing that they might never have this after.

Both of the slipped down on their knees, still in each others' arms as they heard the voices of other people. Tsukishima hugged him tight as Kageyama trembled hearing them.

Tsukishima laid on his sides, facing Tobio. With a trembling hand, he reached to hold Tobio's extended arm and intertwined their hands.

They have been left. They were now nothing but to wait until they lost their breath and let the townspeople bury them after.

Tsukishima wanted nothing but to hold Kageyama in his embrace. But it was too painful. He can't helped but sobbed as he knew it. He was lifeless. They were monsters for killing their own family.

Tsukishima just wished him to be alive and happy without him.

He didn't expected to regret it too late to save them. To save him.

Tsukishima opened his eyes and saw a familiar ceiling. The first thing he noticed was his tears. He was crying on his sleep. Someone suddenly sat in bed and gasped softly. That soft hand wiped those tears.

"Kei, why are you crying...?"

Tsukishima sniffed and sat up. "Just a dream, bub. Do not worry."

Kageyama shifted closer. "Was it very sad...? You're okay to tell what is it?"

"It was nothing, okay? And why are you awake early?"

"You arrived late last night that i can't even stay awake to wait for you. So, i cook you breakfast today to make it up to you." Kageyama smiled.

"I'm sorry, bub. Yesterday was..."

"I know, i know. Your secretary had informed me about what happened at the company and i understand. Now, go take a shower and let's eat. Okay?" Kageyama said, getting out from the bed.

Tsukishima stood up and pulled him into an embrace. He had remembered and Kageyama didn't. He was glad at that. Kageyama didn't deserved that life of mistreatment from the people he trusted.

Now, in this life, they were happy. And he only wants that for them. For him.

"Thank you bubs."

This was a random one, tbh. It's late but i just woke up from a nap like 4 hours ago and i am not sleepy.

But hope you enioyed this!