4

"My Omega isn't as active as most peoples. I," he was starting to choke up and for once, it wasn't fake. He was really about to cry, "I've never even had a heat, my Omega is so far inside of me that it rarely ever comes to the surface. I have trouble even smelling people's scents, and Hobi's was the first one I've ever smelled without something drastic happening. I just walked into the canteen and there is was, his scent. My wolf came to the surface and I felt almost whole."

"Tae," he sighed. Tae has learned to read people over the years, it was the only way he could mask properly. He had to to be able to make people believe that he is normal. He can't pass off being angry if he doesn't study what being angry looked like. 

"I know, I know he's happy and I would never do anything to stop that. I won't approach him, I ran into him the other day, I left my coat in a study room and he was there. I didn't do it on purpose I promise. I just."

Jimin reached out, squeezing Tae's forearm, "is that for me?" He asked as he pointed towards the coffee cup. When Tae nodded and handed it to him Jimin lead them over to a bench. "Hobi mentioned an Omega to me, one who had a scent that made his Alpha go a little crazy. I didn't realize it was you," he sighed. "I don't want to break up a happy couple Tae, you have to understand that. I knew Moonsu before she moved to Daegu and she's a very sweet girl that was dealt a very hard life and then she found Hobi."

"I know," he was trying to hold back the tears and failing miserably. 

"But if what the both of you are saying, it might mean something." He pulled at his hair a bit, "I don't know what to do. I like you Tae and I want Hobi to be happy, but I love Moonsu, she's my friend."

"I won't do anything, I just wanted to apologize to you that was all. I'll stay away from him, I won't be a homewrecker." He stood up quickly wiping away the tears. Based on the face that Jimin was making, he seemed to believe what he was saying, but the older Omega also looked like he was pained as well.

All he could do was nod and then Tae turned around and left, a small smile on his face. This should work, he's set the groundwork and it should be enough to bring the Alpha to him. And he wasn't wrong, less than a week later he was sitting on the lawn outside the library. He didn't go inside, that would be too obvious if he was trying to avoid the Alpha. But he was still a student and would need to study so being outside the library over to the side would make sense.

So every single day he sat out there, the weather was nice so it wasn't a big deal. It's just he didn't need to study. He never did, he could have glanced at something and remembered it forever. So it was a tedious task that he'd set for himself, but it must be done. He smelled Hobi before he heard him, "hi," the Alpha whispered softly.

Time to act the part, Tae gathered his things, scrambling really, "I'm so sorry, I had to study. I told Jimin I'd leave you alone, but I had to study." He grabbed everything and took off running before the Alpha could do or say anything else. He knew it would work, Alpha's love the chase, it's ingrained in their DNA. And an Omega running from an Alpha would surely excite the wolf.

He stopped going to the library, he'd made his point. The rest would be up to Hobi, not that Tae would let the Alpha stop. Manipulating people was second nature at this point, but there was something that felt so wrong about that. He didn't want to manipulate Hobi, he wanted Hobi like he'd never wanted anyone before in his life. It was like his brain started to work properly the moment he smelled his scent. 

Old habits would be hard to break, but he hadn't felt the need to kill anyone since the day he first smelled the Alpha. And that was saying something because he's been killing people at least once a month since he murdered his parents, sometimes several people in a month. But it's been around a month since he killed that last Omega and he still hasn't had the urge to find another victim.

He started studying outside the canteen, another logical place since the library was no longer safe. And it had facilities if he needed them. So he knew it wouldn't take the Alpha long to find him there. He was zoning out reading the same sentence over and over in his biology book when Hobi sat down in front of him, "please don't run away again."

"But Jimin," he muttered back.

"Tae, it's fine." 

Tae whipped his head to the left, he hadn't smelled that Jimin was with the Alpha. "Jimin," he said in surprise, "what's going on?"

Jimin sat down next to Hobi and pulled Tae's hands into his much smaller ones, "look, this dummy hasn't stopped bugging me about you since he found out that we knew each other. But then when you said that you promised me you wouldn't and ran away last time he talked to you, well he got a little mad."

The Alpha snorted and tried to cover it with a cough, only to earn a glare from the older Omega. "I still don't understand."

"I don't, fuck I don't know how to explain this." He turned to look at Hobi with his eyes wide as he begged the Alpha for help.

"I love my girlfriend, please know that."

Tae nodded his head quickly, "I know," he whispered, "that's why I stayed away."

The Alpha looked pained for a minute, "the thing is, I can't handle that either. My wolf, he's been an absolute mess since I first smelled your scent. I don't know what's going on, and I'm not ready to break it off with Moonsu, but, fuck" he yelled as he flopped back onto the ground.

"I'm still confused."

Jimin rolled his eyes, "what the stupid knothead is trying to say and know that I disagree with this wholeheartedly because it's only going to end in heartbreak for one of you. Either I hurt you or I hurt Moonsu. Both of you are my friends, but I believe in fated mates and I know that trying to stay away from your fated is not easy. Trust me on that."

He must be talking about his Alpha, he'd heard bits and pieces about how they met. It was very dramatic and he zoned out during a lot of it. "Jimin, talk to me like I'm five."

"This stupid idiot."

"I'm right here and my ears work even better than yours," Hobi softly growled from where he was laying on the ground.

"Like I said, this stupid idiot wants to be friends with you. He's not ready to break up with Moonsu but he's also not ready to lose you either. So are you willing to be friends, and nothing more?"

Tae looked over at the Alpha, his eyebrow raised a bit with a clueless look on his face. "You want to be friends with me?"

"I do," Hobi sighed as he sat up, "I'm sorry I can't offer you more, but if I don't have you around I think my Alpha might take over and mate you without either of our consent. I know it's shitty and completely unfair to you, I just don't know any other way to fix it right now. I can't break it off with Moonsu when I don't even know you."