15.0

3 months later

I'm antsy the entire flight to Texas.

Technically I was supposed to be here a few weeks ago, right after graduation, but there was a problem with shipping that delayed everything. I got pretty much all my things shipped to Logan and Hazels place since I'll be staying with them until I move into my college dorm, and pretty much until after college since I don't see myself living in LA ever again. Texas is where I want to be.

I'm in a yellow sundress, the same sundress I wore for Damon and I's first date. He doesn't know that I'm flying in today, he thinks I'm coming in two days.

I even texted him before I got on my flight to say that I'm so excited and we only have two more days. I'm so devious.

But I have a confession to make. 

The reason why it took so long for me to be able to move to Texas isn't because of any delay on shipping due to my belongings. It was something else that took forever to ship.

Something a lot bigger and something that took a lot of maneuvering to buy in the first place.

When I get off the plane I only have to hold onto my carry on bag since I didn't do baggage claim. Everything is already at Logan and Hazels. 

The airport isn't very crowded and there's a pep in my step. I get to see Damon today and I get to surprise him. I'm feeling great.

No one is here to pick me up, I head to the parking lot where a car is parked and waiting for me.

Surprise number 1: I got my drivers license.

Specifically so that I could pull off surprise number two, because it isn't a car that's parked. It's a truck. Damons truck.

The truck that he left behind at his fathers house because his father ripped everything away from him when he left with Jayden.

Damon never explained to me why the truck meant so much to him, just that it did and he loved it. During our FaceTimes over the months he's expressed several times how much he missed it.

So I pulled off the impossible, and got it back for him.

It was not easy...but I did it. With the help of my brother and godparents.

Now, seeing it for the first time in a long time, I didn't realize how much I missed it. Damon and I hold a lot of memories in this truck.

I unlock the door and open it. I have to hold onto the inside of the door and hike myself up just to get in the seat.

Everything is how he left it. The car still smells like him, he still has some belongings in here. I notice one of my scrunchies in the cupholder which makes me smile. Even the seat is in the same position, I almost feel bad for having to move it.

"Okay" I huff putting my hands on the steering wheel. "I can do this. I can do this"

This is a very big truck. Luckily the parking lot is near empty so I don't have to maneuver around too much. I'm sure once I get on the road it'll be a bit easier.

How the heck did he drive this thing everyday?

It takes me almost an hour to get to Jaydens place and I did get the hang of the truck. I'm definitely never driving it again though.

I've always loved Jaydens place. It's so peaceful and serene and the grass is always the brightest shade of green. It's private here, no one for miles in either direction.

I park the truck in the driveway and hop out of it, being careful to land softly. I just leave my bag in the truck, I'll get it later.

Nerves and excitement run through my body as I walk up to the front door. It's like my heart knows that Damon is close, I feel happier even though I haven't seen him yet. I take a deep breath and ring the doorbell.