9.0

Damons POV

I run my hand through my hair, tugging the roots of it. This is stupid. I don't even know if she likes flowers, would she want flowers?

She doesn't seem like the flower type.

Why can't you buy pieces of the galaxy from the store?

"Can I help you with anything?" a lady who works at the flower shop walks up to me.

"Uh" I turn to the older lady. "Just don't know if my girlfriend likes flowers. It's new" I add quickly feeling the need to defend the fact that I don't know if Ellie does or doesn't like flowers.

"Oh" she smiles. "Well what does she like?"

"Space" I run my hand through my hair. "The galaxy and stuff like that"

"Well I think we might have something she'll like, why don't you follow me" she gives me a wrinkled smile.

I follow her to the back of the store where there are more flowers but...they're made of glass?

"My granddaughter started bringing these in to appeal to people who like flowers but don't have a green thumb to keep them alive. She calls them crystallized flowers. Way too modern for me" she chuckles in that distinct elderly way. 

"Anywho we just got a new shipment in, you're in luck" she opens a box and takes out a glass flower that's in a glass vase.

The flower is black with specs of white to replicate stars and swooshes of purples and blues that look like galaxies. It's fucking cool, didn't know they made anything like it.

"Yeah, that's perfect actually" I nod. "I'll take that"

"Wonderful" the lady smiles.

She wraps it up and then I pay for it at the counter. When I get to my truck, it's seven forty five and I pull up to her house with five minutes to spare.

I park and lean back in the seat.

Why the fuck am I so nervous? I'm sweating way too fucking much, and it's not even that hot outside. Today has been considered cool for California weather.

I've never taken a girl on a date before but for some reason I don't think it's the date that's making me nervous, it's the girl. I don't want to disappoint Ellie, it'll fucking kill me.

I'm not creative but I tried my best. I didn't wanna just take her to a restaurant or something basic like going to the fucking movies. I wanted to do something that I know she would enjoy.

Hoped she would enjoy.

Because that's all still up in the air.

Alright, I need to get my head out of my ass. Better earlier than on time, especially since I'm convinced everyone in her family hates me. There isn't much to like about me, so I get it.

I hop out of the truck while keeping the glass vase and flower in my hand delicately. Walking up to her door, I knock three times then take a deep breath.

Her brother opens the door like I thought he would. He looks me up and down. I just have on a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Maybe this is too casual? Fuck.

"You're early" he says and then nods his head. "Good"

He opens the door wider and I step inside where I'm greeted by her sister and a small yappy dog. I swear Ellie just told me she was in New York yesterday, it's like she teleports here whenever she knows I'll be around.

"Good to see you guys again" I nod as I subtly try to move away from the dog that is trying to bite my ankles.

"Mhmm" Audrey crosses her arms over her chest. She walks closer to me, inspecting the glass flower. "Nice"