1.0

AN: This is a Novella, a short story spin off about characters from my book Falling for the Quarterback and its sequel Loving the Quarterback, but you do not have to read either book in order to read this one. However, it is suggested if you want to better understand some of the characters relationships and backgrounds.

Enjoy :)

☆☆☆

Happy first day!!! Sorry I can't be there :( but you'll do great! Last first day of high school, you got this sissy! Love you <3

Call me after!

I smile at my phone before texting my sister back a red heart emoji. Even modeling miles and miles away from here she never forgets about me.

I glance at myself in the mirror. I'm sporting my usual t-shirt and overalls with Converse sneakers. Todays t-shirt is a light green, my overalls are the kind that are made into shorts not long pants, and my Converse are white. I push the round black rimmed glasses up my nose.

"Ellie lets go! Don't wanna be late kiddo!" my brother calls from downstairs.

I crinkle my nose at the word kiddo.

Taking a deep breath, I grab my navy blue book bag off my bed and exit my bedroom. I walk down the stairs with little to no urgency.

"Stop calling me kiddo" I tell my brother when I meet him at the front door. "I'm eighteen"

"I'll stop calling you kiddo when you finally get a drivers license" he gives me a pointed look.

My brother Lucas Blaine. Six two with curly blonde hair and dazzling green eyes. Owner of world famous White Fox Lounge, that only the richest people and hottest celebrities can get into. There are several locations around the country, including one in New York, one in Atlanta, Georgia and in Seattle, and one here in Los Angeles California.

He's pretty well known in the business world.

My sister on the other hand is well known in another world.

Audrey Blaine. Five nine, long blonde hair and enchanting forest green eyes. International Supermodel. She's been on the cover of Vogue more times than I can count, and travels far and wide for fashion shows and photo shoots. She's famous in every sense of the word.

Then there's me. Elzay Blaine. A whopping five two, blind if not wearing glasses that cover half of my face, short light brown hair that stops just past my shoulders, plain brown eyes, and obsessed with overalls and astronomy. The complete opposite of pretty much everyone in my life.

For goodness sake my name doesn't even have an appealing ring to it like my siblings.

"Did you eat breakfast?" my brother asks before he opens the door.

"I'm not hungry" I mumble before shuffling out the door and down the steps of our suburban house.

I live in a three thousand square foot million dollar home with my brother, and sister whenever she visits, in the South Metropolitan area of LA. It's a nice neighborhood where a lot of wealthy business men and women, like my brother, live with their families. Four beds and three baths, which apparently is a whole lot nicer than where we used to reside.

Life wasn't always this shiny for us, not that I can really remember anyway.

"Did you at least pack a lunch?" my brother asks once we get into his orange sports car. I shift in the seat anxiously. "Ellie..." he sighs.

I won't eat school lunch, I'm a picky eater. But sometimes even packing my own lunch fills me with so much anxiety about being in the school cafeteria that I just avoid doing it at all.