10.0

Two wonderful months of being Damon Parkers girlfriend.

And honestly the dates just kept getting better. We went to the pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins and we went apple picking and made apple pie with the apples we picked. 

He's been amazing and I've never been happier. I've fallen so deeply for him, I'm pretty sure that I love him, but now is definitely not the time to reveal that.

These next few days are going to be the test of all tests.

Thanksgiving break.

We are flying down to go spend the break with my family. Which means he's going to meet everyone who is everyone, because Thanksgiving at Logan and Hazels place is always packed full. Even more so now that there are kids.

I'm a little nervous.

I just want them to see him how I see him.

Right now we are boarding the plane. 

My brother is catching a later flight and my sister is flying in from New York. It's noon right now so we should get to Texas around three since it's a three hour flight. Technically one their time.

Damon puts our carry on bags above us and then I scoot into the window seat and Damon sits down next to me. I release a deep breath and tug on my overall straps.

"Who's picking us up from the airport again?" Damon asks looking over at me. He notices my nervous tick and takes my hand in his.

"Ava, if she gets permission to use Hazels car" I chuckle. "If not probably whoever is least busy. Someone will be there" I shrug.

"Ballpark" he turns to look at me. "How many people will be there?"

"Umm" I try to calculate a little in my head. "Like around thirty people? People kind of filter in and out the house. They'll probably be some people there when we get there. But I think the only ones staying with them are us, Ava, and Hazels brother and his wife and kids"

"What about your brother and sister?" he furrows his eyebrows.

"Audrey is staying with our friend Ella and my brother normally stays in a hotel. He can only deal with the chaos for so long" I smile shaking my head.

"Your brother doesn't have a girlfriend?" Damon asks.

"He did some years ago for a time, I'm not really sure what happened to her. He's thirty five now and I have no idea when or if he plans to settle down. Maybe he's waiting until I go off to college, he doesn't really talk to me or my sister about that" I relax back into my seat.

"You know my brother raised me and my sister, and I think what settling down for him means is a lot different than what it means for other people. We were like his kids so he's done that part of his life. Raising kids, having to take care of a family, stuff like that. I think settling down for him means finally being able to live his life outside of me and my sister. Maybe he falls in love, maybe he starts his own family, or maybe he just lives his life"

"Yeah that makes sense" he nods.

"What about your brother?" I ask tentatively. I know it's his most sensitive subject. The last he talked about him was two months ago. On our first date.

Before he can answer the pilot starts giving directions and then the flight attendants. We strap on our seatbelts, and he doesn't answer my question until we're high in the air.

"I don't know much about my brother" he rubs his chin. "He might have a family, he might not. On the rare occasion I answer the phone when he calls he tries to get me to talk about myself, but he never gives me anything on his life"