11.0

Damons POV

The moment I step into the living room I see him. My body tenses.

What the fuck is he doing here?

My ears ring, I can't hear anything. My eyes laser focused on the one person I never fucking wanted to see again.

I'm supposed to be making a good impression but I-fuck I'm angry.

I squeeze my eyes shut, grind my teeth together. I can't fucking believe him. He knew I would be here, he knew I was coming, and he thought he could just fucking blindside me? What the fuck?

He stands up and my body stiffens. My hands curl into fists at my sides and he notices, throwing his hands up like he doesn't want any trouble.

"Let's just talk, Damon" he says cautiously. My hands shake. "Don't do this-"

He steps closer and I lose it.

I punch him once and he stumbles back. My ears ring too loudly to hear much of anything right now but there aren't many people on the couch anymore.

His hands are still up and he tries walking up to me, I punch him again.

Hands are on me in an instant, restraining me. Some of my hearing comes back and I hear all the yelling. The kids being ushered in another room. Ellie standing shocked in the corner. But I can't bring myself to care right now.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" Logan yells pushing me against the wall, his hand wrapped around my bicep. "Are you fucking crazy?"

I blink slowly staring at Jayden as he wipes the blood from his lip.

"Let him go Logan" Jayden demands watching me carefully. "Leo back up, everyone get off of him!" he yells.

I hadn't even noticed there was someone else holding me against the wall. My blood is boiling and I want to punch him again. Punch him for every single birthday card he sent, punch him for all the Christmas money, for each phone call that he made out of guilt.

Guilt that he wouldn't have had if he didn't fucking leave. 

"What the hell is going on?" Logan looks to Jayden as he back away from me.

Jayden hesitates glancing at me before looking at everyone else.

"They don't know" I chuckle shaking my head. 

"Damon," he steps forward but I shove him back.

"Fuck you" I say through my teeth. "You left me-" my voice cracks. "to come here a lead a double fucking life? They don't know anything about you do they? Just like I don't know anything about you. I'm guessing one of those kids were yours, you have a wife too I don't know about?" the bitterness laced in my voice wraps itself around my neck.

Jayden grinds his teeth together. "Let's just talk about this somewhere else"

"I don't want to talk about it!" I yell. "You're a fucking hypocrite! You left to get away from dad and you turned out just like him!"

Jayden stumbles back like my words punched him in the gut. Maybe they did, I don't fucking care. My body won't stop shaking and I can't sop thinking:

My dad's done a lot, but he's never done this.

"Jayden's your brother?" the whisper comes from Ellie making me look over at her. "You're his brother?" she looks at Jayden.

He doesn't say anything but his silence speaks volumes.

Ellie walks over to me, a somber expression on her face and I hate it. I hate that I ruined this for her.

What I don't expect is for her to take my hand and silently walk me out of the room. I am grateful for it though.