14.0

When I wake up in the morning, he's gone. I don't even have to turn around to know.

My body is cold and so is my bed, the memory of last night burned in my brain in the best way possible. I think I would be happy if I didn't feel a gigantic hole in my heart that Damons presence normally fills.

By no means do I regret last night, it was my best experience with him. I was warm and filled with all of him, it was amazing. We made love.

I wrap my arms around my body wondering when he left. Did he leave as soon as I fell asleep? Or did he stay for a while and leave when the sun came up?

I guess in reality I could ask him...it isn't like we broke up. But my plan was to give him space because I know he needs it. It'll be an adjustment for him and I know he'll reach out to me when he's ready.

After a few seconds I finally gather enough strength to turn around, although I wish I hadn't because now the tears are coming full force.

He left me his shirt.

There's a note attached to it, but I'm crying so much that I can't quite read it.

I grab his shirt and sit up to put it on, his smell engulfing me in a hug. 

I love him so much, not having him physically here with me hurts. But he already thought of that so he left me a small piece of him. It's a comfort, one that I really needed.

Finally I wipe away some tears and grab the note so that I can read it.

"When I drift off, I will dream about you. It's always you." ~Tony S.

I smile down at the note, holding it to my heart and decide that I'll frame it. This is too special to not be framed.

There's a knock on my door and honestly all I want to be right now is alone. I really don't feel like company.

I find my pajama pants on the floor and slide them on underneath the covers just as the door creaks open and someone who I'm not expecting at all peeks their head in.

"Hazel?" my eyes widen in surprise.

"Hi babe" she smiles and walks inside, closing the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?" I place the note on my nightstand and sit up a little.

"I flew down with Jayden" she sits down on my bed. "Figured if everything went as planned you might need some cheering up. When I cried over Logan your brother drove me to get ice cream, his methods are kind of outdated"

I chuckle and sniff at the same time, more unwanted tears burning behind my eyes.

Hazel wraps me in her arms and I lay my head on her shoulder, trying my best to keep the tears in but some slip out.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asks while softly running her fingers through my hair.

"We didn't break up" I wipe my eyes with my shoulder, catching a deep whiff of Damons scent. It calms me. "I just miss him already"

"Yeah" Hazels sighs. "It's gonna be hard but it says enough that you guys didn't even think about breaking up. Proves how much you love each other"

"We had sex last night" I blurt. "For the first time. My first time"

Hazel freezes for a moment before pulling back to look down at me. "How was it?"

I chuckle, wiping my eyes dry with the back of my hand. "Really good" I smile. "He was really sweet and gentle. I fell asleep in his arms after, he left me his shirt" I motion to the large black shirt that I'm swimming in.