Chapter 51 : Hour of Blessing

Start from the beginning

“What happened?” Just then, Laos came down with Philipia.

Vietnam looked up and saw the two. He wanted to run up to Philipia, fortunately, he was able to hit the breaks before he too makes a fool of himself.

Philipia saw his short but subtle action and couldn't help but feel bad. Was she too avoidant? After all, they didn't deserve such treatment, even though Filipia dumped them all on her. But perhaps this was her way of saying that she can trust them, and if she's ever in need of assistance, they're there to help.

But Philipia didn't want to depend on the people Filipia chose. Her way of thinking is way too different. Her(Filipia) perspective and thoughts on others differ from Philipia.

Vietnam replied to Laos, “It's nothing, I j-just wanted to get some fresh air.” There's no point in forcing her to fulfill someone's wish meant to be for someone else.

He's so stupid...

Laos knew there was something wrong. He wanted to ask more when Philipia walked ahead of him. She sauntered down the stairs, the fabric of her dress dragged on the floor and the steps, falling ever so gently. The sound of her heels clacking sounded like his heartbeat. Clicking with a rhythm.

Vietnam saw Philipia stepping down and standing in front of him. Vietnam opened his mouth, wanting to say something; but no words could come out—they wouldn't come out.

“Is Brunei, not okay?” She asked.

Vietnam closed his mouth and nodded. He didn't realize how his expression looked so distressing. As if tears were about to come out, he did cry, so there was still a bit of rogue color on both sides of his eyes.

Philipia had the urge to poke his cheeks but held herself back. She walked passed him and gave a weak knock on the door. Asean, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore all simultaneously turned their heads to the sound. Philipia felt her heart racing but still mustered up the courage and straightened her back.

Just imagine you're presenting a report... That's it, it's just a report. Philipia comforted herself.

Malaysia walked up to her, his face cheery and his walk casual. “Hello, it's such a pretty night for a pretty lady~ Do you need anything?”

Malaysia was aware so he didn't act like Vietnam and Brunei. This person was different, this was the first time they were meeting so it was natural they were unfamiliar to her.

Through the mask, Philipia looked into Malaysia's eyes. “I'm here because you need me, right?”

Malaysia glanced at the leaders behind him and faced Philipia again. “Well, we do. How did you know? Did Vietnam tell you?”

Vietnam, who just walked in, looked at Malaysia aggrieved. “No, I didn't.” He didn't say anything but simply nodded in answer. It was Philipia who found out.

Malaysia squinted his eyes at the Vietnamese.

“Where is he? Maybe I can help?”

This is what Filipia would do, right? Always there to lend a helping hand.

“It's fine, we can handle him ourselves, you don't have to force yourself,” Malaysia said, “and Brunei is not in the right state of mind, right now.”

Philipia glanced at Brunei inside the room. He leaned on the wall, sitting on the floor beside the bed. His neat suit was untidy and messy. His shirt was open, showing his chest and collarbone. His hair was ruffled but it gave him a look of danger that seemed to fit him well.

“He doesn't look okay...”

Asean went to Philipia and reassured her, “It's okay. I've seen leaders who turned way worse and I was able to handle them just fine.”