Chapter 39 : Filipia

Warning: Massive spoiler ahead, please don't spoil on any social media if you have already read it, as well as on the comments section on old chapters from book 1 and 2. Thank you. 】

____________________

Philipia was brushing her hair in front of the vanity mirror and thought about the kiss Tethys gave her.

Although it just on the cheek, it made her heart race really fast once again. Her hand holding the hair brush stop midair.

What is she even thinking?

Philipia sighed and looked at herself in the mirror.

Hideous.

Philipia puts down the brush and combed her hair backwards with her hand when she felt a sting on the side of her temple, then a voice she hasn't heard in a while.

[Silly girl]

"Maharlika?" due to surprise, she stood up. "Maharlika, where were you? You suddenly disappeared, I was so worried-and no matter how much I try, I can't seem to reach you."

[Of course you can't. We don't want you to].

"Huh?"

[They... For now, they don't want to come out and front. Although you were healing, it felt like something was preventing us. It's been like this ever since your baptism]

Philipia's eyes widen, "What do you mean?" she asked, "Does it have anything to do with my baptism?"

Maharlika was quiet for a moment, as though conversing with the others. [That... It's hard to explain...]

Philipia was suddenly scared and felt an ominous premonition, "What is it?" maharlika didn't reply, Philipia felt even more afraid. "Maharlika tell me! What is it?! What does my baptism have anything to do with you? What happened?!"

Maharlika sighed, [It made you immune to such mental condition. If you forcibly try to connect, one of us gets erased....] There was a slight pause, before he continued, [Red is gone]

Thump.

Her legs weakened and wobble on the floor. Her own protector was gone. If it was about the baptism, she did felt more stronger and more calm than ever. It may have been a good thing, but for her, it was both a blessing and a curse... again.

Unconsciously, her right hand reach for her right eye. The bright yellow iris, like the glowing sun, was throbbing.

Plop... plop...

Philipia looked down and saw drops of yellow liquid-like melted gold with crushed crystal.

"Red is gone...?" her voice trembled as she spoke. "How can he be gone? He's always there! He never leaves! He can't just leave! He can't be gone! Maharlika! He can't be gone!"

Maharlika, as one of her, can feel her pain and sadness. But all he could do was remain quiet and let the silly girl vent it all out.

Tears that are now made out of melted gold, as more of it drops on the floor, it immediately hardens and become real gold.

But perhaps it was the first time her eyes were used in such a way after it has just awoken, it came with a mix of blood.

[Before he disappeared, a new personality appeared. And he integrated with her]

Philipia heard what he said, "Who? Who did he integrated? Who is the new personality?"

Maharlika replied, [She's someone you're very familiar. She is also a protector but she's a vulnerable protector with no shield to defend herself].