Chapter 40

【 ( ꈍᴗꈍ) 】

____________________

Greg, Egypt, Nepal, and Italy sat in the living room with solemn expressions. After Greg called them, they all agreed to meet at his house and discuss their next plan.

“How the hell did he know?” Italy questioned.

Greg looked haggard and stressed. He rub his face and comb his hair backwards. “You don't need to know. If Martial wants to find out, he can find out. If he wants to know, he can know—but what terrifies me is that he already knew from the very beginning yet… he didn't do anything. It was as if everything was according to his plan.”

He was just waiting for the rats to approach their own demise.

“Maybe he just found out and is bluffing?” Egypt tried to ease the situation.

Greg looked at him and said, “He doesn't like to bluff. Even if I haven't been with him for a long time, I still know him more than anyone else.”

“Then what should we do? We moved everything from the underground, including those heavy tanks, shouldn't we tell the others it's fine now and proceed to the next?” Italy suggested.

“No!” Greg exclaimed, “Now that we know martial knows, the more reason we shouldn't continue the plan. Let's switch to plan B.”

“Wait, there's a plan B?” Egypt whispered to Nepal besides him.

“Plan B? Are you crazy Greg?! Didn't we all agree we can only do that if something has gone wrong?!” Italy exclaimed.

Greg gritted his teeth, “Exactly! Now that something has gone wrong—i.e martial knowing the underground club— the more reason we should switch to plan B!”

Egypt mumbled under his breath, “What the hell is plan B?”

Nepal, who was quiet, leaned close to his ear and explained what ‘Plan B’ was.

Egypt listened carefully and raised a brow, “Switching to plan B is feasible.”

Italy snapped his head towards him, “No! We haven't even discussed this with Philipia!”

“Pearl needs her time alone! She's been through so much right now, give her a break!” Greg scolded.

But Italy thinks otherwise. “Screw her time alone! the second world war is about to start, the world cannot wait for her!”

His words just fell when the door was knocked. Greg was startled and couldn't help but held his fast beating heart and curse, “Fucking hell, that scared the shit out of me.”

“Who is it?” Nepal asked as he stood up from his seat and went to the door.

“M-me...” a raspy and tired voice answered.

The four men looked at each other. Greg gave a nod and Nepal slowly opened the door.

Slump—

“Professor Jack?” Egypt called out.

Jack had fallen on the ground, beaten and battered. His face was full of bruises and his body was trembling visibly. Nepal hurriedly kneeled down to help him up but Jack grab his shoulder for support and announced with a serious tone, “we're running out of time. Plan B. Let's switch to plan B.”

5 hours earlier.

Jack woke up and found himself strapped to a metal chair on both wrist and ankles. He struggled for a moment when his head throbbed painfully as though a sharp flat line was playing in his head.