05 | Too Far In Too Far Gone

Start from the beginning

He placed the images on the desk, positioning them between himself and Juan in order to provide a more detailed view. As he analyzed the pictures, Juan observed a group of men accompanying a black man inside a club during nightime. Despite Juan's lack of recognition towards the man in question, Sosa continued to peruse the photographs with great interest. "You know who this man is?" Sosa posed a question to Juan, who responded by simply shaking his head in the negative.

"Wayne Johnson. A man who owns most of New York due to his brother Khenan. They both grew up in the Bronx, and back then, Khenan had the streets on locks. He was the real big deal." Sosa spoke about Khenan in a serious tone, indicating to Juan that Khenan was highly respected in the past. Sosa showed Juan another picture, adding it to the collection already in front of them. The photo depicted a black man with a beautiful woman by his side who appeared to be of mixed Asian heritage. The couple looked very much in love, at least from Juan's perspective. "Khenan Johnson and Adriana Lee Simmons. A true ride or die story." Sosa elaborated on the significance of the photograph that Juan was examining, clarifying that the man in the image was Khenan - a person who bore an uncanny resemblance to Wayne. Juan was not particularly interested in the idea of the two being twins, but he was curious about what had made Khenan a notable figure and where he was currently located. "Where is Khenan now?"

Clearing his throat, Sosa leaned forward in his chair, settling in for what he knew would be a lengthy discussion. He took a moment to compose himself, gathering his thoughts and preparing to articulate them clearly. With a deep breath, he began to speak, his voice strong and measured. "Thirteen years ago, Khenan and his wife Adriana lost their lives in a violent gun battle with a rival gang from St. Louis. The altercation stemmed from conflicts between different regions and drug trafficking." The disclosure of the story caused an atmosphere of astonishment and stillness in the room. It wasn't the response Juan had anticipated, but such is the unpredictability of life.

"Damn." Juan was at a loss for words as he struggled to come to terms with the news. Although it was heartbreaking to hear of their passing, there was something special about the fact that they both passed away together. It was a testament to their unwavering loyalty and commitment to each other, a true ride or die story as Sosa would say. The depth of their love was evident in their final moments, and it was a bittersweet reminder of the power of true love.

"But hold on, what you tellin' me all this for?" Juan was also confused because he didn't understand why this was new information to him, since Khenan had passed away a long time ago. "In the past, Khenan and I were very close friends until his brother took over the business after Khenan's passing. Unfortunately, due to my connections, Wayne falsely accused me of being involved in Khenan's death, which caused a rift between us. He went on to harm my associates, tarnish my reputation, and steal my businesses. While I had the opportunity to retaliate, I chose to handle the situation professionally by gathering evidence to expose his wrongdoing and ruin his reputation." Sosa provided a detailed explanation of the reasons behind the deterioration of their relationship, while carefully returning all the photographs to their respective files, except for one which he kept hidden from Juan's view.

"Taking his life would not have benefited me in any way. Instead, it would have only painted me as the perpetrator and damaged my reputation in the business world. It would have been quite clear that I was responsible for his demise. Therefore, I require concrete evidence that can be leaked, causing him to lose everything, even resulting in imprisonment. This would make it easier for me to have him eliminated. That is why I need your help on this first and most important task." Sosa retrieved the photograph he had been concealing and positioned it in plain view before him so that Juan could observe it. The picture portrayed Khenan and Adriana embracing a baby. Sosa directed his finger towards the infant and subsequently shifted his gaze towards Juan.