Chapter 23

,, Yes, he was hospitalized." Said Hoseok who was on the phone with his husband Taehyung. He ran a hand through his hair and let out a frustrated breath. "Now we have to wait to see what the doctor says."

Jimin was sitting on a chair in the waiting room with the others, staring blankly into space. All kinds of thoughts swirled in his head. He even began to blame himself. He thought they were where they were now because of him.

Jungkook's father then sat down next to him.

"He'll be fine. Jungkook is a strong guy." Mr. Jeon tried to bring Jimin to positive thoughts. Jimin raised his head, not realizing that tears were beginning to well up in his eyes.

"He's been shot once before. Now it's the second time." Said Jimin trying not to shake his voice.

,,And he'll make it this time, too." Mr. Jeon gave Jimin a comfortable smile.

The door to the room opened, and a doctor came out, on whom the gaze of everyone who came for Jungkook was fixed.

"You were lucky you came early. We stopped his bleeding and luckily, the bullet in his body didn't damage any of his organs. He'll be here for a few more days."

"Okay, thanks." Mr. Jeon thanked. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

About two hours passed and it was already getting dark. Mr. Jeon and Hoseok were about to leave, but Jimin decided to stay with Jungkook at the hospital.

"I'll stay here."

"Are you sure?" Hoseok asked. Jimin nodded. Yes, he wanted to stay here with his love.

Mr. Jeon looked at him. "If there's anything new, call us."

Jimin nodded. "All right."

He then watched their backs as they left until they were out of sight. He turned to the door of the room where Jungkook was laying. He went inside. A heart rate monitor beeped in the room. He watched his heartbeat on the monitor and then his eyes shifted to Jungkook who was still under anesthesia. He took a deep breath and sat next to him, watching him and holding his hand. He caressed his hand with the tip of his finger.

"I would never forgive myself if something happened to you." He felt tears welling up in his eyes. He brought his hand to his lips and kissed it. "You are literally my everything."

In the morning, Jungkook woke up and tried to find his way. He found himself in a completely different place. Immediately, he remembered what happened. When he looked to his right side, he saw Jimin holding his hand and his head resting next to his. He slept all night in such an uncomfortable position and must have stayed up all night. Jungkook gently pushed a strand of Jimin's hair away from his face. Jimin immediately started to wake up at his touch.

"Are you awake yet?" Jimin said sleepily, rubbing his eyes. But when he looked at Jungkook he smiled.

"I see you stayed up all night." Jungkook said in a low and soft voice. Jimin was happy to finally hear his beloved's voice. He nodded when Jungkook asked him.

"We brought you here because you were bleeding. Taemin shot you when he tried to shoot me." Said Jimin who had a guilty look on his face. However, Jungkook noticed. “All this happened only because of me."

"No.. stop talking like that." He placed his palm on Jimin's cheek, Jimin didn't even realize that a tear had rolled down his cheek.

He grabbed Jungkook's hand that was on his cheek and looked deep into his eyes.

"I love you." Jungkook said. "And I would do anything for your safety. Even if it costs me my life." He looked into Jimin's teary eyes. Oh, how badly he wanted to kiss him and hug him right now.

"Then I'll do the same." Jimin said, gently resting his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "I won't let anything bad happen to you."

Jungkook smiled at his cuteness and placed a light kiss on his hair.

After a few hours, Mr. Jeon, Hoseok and Taehyung arrived at the hospital. When Jungkook saw them, he smiled widely at them. “ See who came".

Everyone immediately came to him.

"Jungkook! Dude, how are you feeling?"

"I said my son is strong!"

"I'm so glad everything turned out well!"

Jungkook smiled at everyone. He then looked at his father and at Hoseok. "What about those bastards?"

Flashback

"This is what you got for trying to kill my son."

*kick*

"You fucking motherfucker!"

     *Kick.*

          *kick*

              *kick*

"And now watch me kick your son's ass!!"

End of flashback

"

Don't worry, they're already taken care of." Said his father with a smile.

“Mr Jeon?"

"Yes?" Mr. Jeon looked at Jimin who came to him.

"Can we talk?"

"Of course."

They both stood outside the door of the room. Mr. Jeon looked at Jimin, wondering what the matter was.

"What's the matter?"

"I have something that would help you. And it might land Mr. Lee and his son in jail."

Mr. Jeon's eyes widened at this. Jimin continued.

"I have all the evidence and false information they could have done just to get you behind bars."

Mr. Jeon laughed triumphantly. "That's really great news Jimin!"

Jimin smiled.

"I'll finally get those bastards behind bars to rot there for the rest of their lives. Thank you!"

“Don't thank me Mr. Jeon."

"Dad. Call me dad."

Jimin looked at Mr. Jeon in surprise. Mr. Jeon pulled Jimin into a warm hug. "I'm really glad my son found such a great person like you Jimin."