"Five hundred and... eighty... eight?" Emilie says and I quickly do the arithmetic in my head and blow out a long breath.

"Holy shit," I mutter and they all laugh. "Wait, Em, you'll be turning a hundred and sixty-seven this year. Do you know what you're going to do for it?"

"Um, I haven't even thought about it," she says, leaning further back into the couch.

"We should go all out. It's your first birthday since eighteen sixty-four!" Eliza suggested and I sat up straighter.

"Yes! What are you thinking?" I start to brainstorm. "We could go back to Madrid?"

"I was just there. Santorini?" Eliza suggests and I shake my head.

"It's not great for another couple of months," I say, turning to the other two. "Feel free to jump in, because if you don't, we're going to plan this whole thing."

"I've always wanted to go to Spain," Emilie shrugs and Eliza and I lock eyes.

"Barcelona," we both say at the same time with a wide, scheming grins on our faces.

"My birthday is at the end of April, so we literally have ages," Emilie says and I scoff.

"We take party planning very seriously," I shrug, popping a handful more popcorn in my mouth, and turning back to the TV. I had been so wrapped up in my relationship, the Mystic Falls drama, and then my own drama, that I had missed out on so many episodes of so many shows. "I'm thinking a bender, then brunch."

"How many days?" Henry asks cautiously and I shrug.

"I don't know. Two, maybe three days?"

"Nothing crazy," Eliza adds and her brother looks at his girlfriend tentatively.

"That actually sounds like so much fun," she squeals, an excited smile erupting on her face. "I've never been on a bender," she says thoughtfully and we both laugh.

"Oh, honey. You'll love it," I promise.

Elijah Mikaelson

Flashback to 1759

I HADN'T left our room in a week. I couldn't bring myself to do so, because I knew if I did, I would be met with a horde of my siblings giving me sympathetic looks, as well as the multitude of memories that this house brought me.

It was also because our room was my last reminder of her. Our sheets were the last thing that smelled like her. Her dresses are the last physical memory I have.

"Elijah?" I hear, before a small knock sounded on the door. I was sitting on the floor with my back against our bed and didn't have the strength to open the door, so I let Rebekah choose whether or not she comes in. She chooses the affirmative

Opening the door slowly, she looks down at me. I can only presume I look worse for wear. "How are you, brother?" She asks and I just give her a hard look. I didn't have the energy for anything else. "Of course." She says, coming over and sitting next to me. "Nik and I were talking, and we wanted your input." I don't say anything. "We were thinking of having a funeral for her. To say goodbye." I lean back, closing my eyes and letting a salty tear leak out of my eye. "Elijah-" Rebekah starts but I cut her off.

"She was the first person to show me what it was like to live. Not exist, not survive, live." I say, my voice rough and raw. "And now she's gone and it's all my fault."