Chapter - 31

Happy  reading, honey buns!

Not proofread or edited

"Environmentalist. I wanted to be an environmentalist, Vennela",she voiced out her dreams slowly. 

"Hey, that's unique. Like in today's competitive world, who has the time for environment when everyone is focused on development. I really appreciate your motive and dream. Look, you do whatever you want, this is your time, your choice. Don't let anything stop you. Not even you",Vennela said and Ekantha's head was lowered down. 

"What happened, Ekantha?",Vennela asked. 

"Nothing, I don't think I'll ever be able to become an environmentalist with my personality and insecurities and fears and what not-",Ekantha said. 

"Ekantha, its high time you let go your insecurities and fears. Life is here giving you a second chance and you must utilise it and make the most of it because remember not everyone gets a second chance",Vennela said holding Ekantha's hands and Ekantha looked into Vennela's eyes which were holding trust on Ekantha's capabilities. 

"I'll think about it, Vennela",she said to which Vennela nodded. 

"Take your time and take slow steps, okay?",Vennela said and Ekantha nodded her head. 

"Ekantha! Vennela! Come for dinner",they heard Vennela's mother's voice and went from there to the dining table. 

"Yes, you two are here. Let me tell you Ekantha, Vennela was talking to me about you moving out. You are not going anywhere that too in this condition. I won't allow you to step out till everything sorts out. Get it, Ekantha?",Vennela's mother says. 

Both Ekantha and Kanyaka look at each other's faces and nod at her. 

"It was not with any bad intention, we just didn't want to be a burden on you",Kanyaka said.

"I know that, Kanyaka. You both trusted us and came to our home after what all happened and do you think we'll let you go just like that. Are you not like my sister? Wouldn't I do the same if my sister was in same place. Don't think about anything and you both first try to be in peace and later we will think about everything else",Vennela's mother said. 

"Thank you so much, we don't know what would we do if not for you. We'll be indebted to you all our lives. After coming out from there, I didn't know where we would go, with a young girl with me and many thoughts in my head. It was as if, one second we had everything and just in a fraction of seconds everything was lost. We were out from there, but we didn't know what we were going to do next. You came as a ray of hope in our lives",Kanyaka said as tears surfaced behind her eyes which she wipes with her saree pallu. 

"No formalities, Kanyaka! We're all a family and will family members thank each other. Being a single parent I know what all one has to go through and I am sure both Vennela and Ekantha will give their best in their respective fields and make us proud",Vennela's mother said.