Chapter - 20

Happy reading, honey buns!

There was an awkward silence in the living room. Arya, Vennela on one side while Anika and Ekantha on the other side.

"Anika, I am sorry. I know no amount of sorrys can heal you from the pain I have given to your heart but I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Whatever I did, no matter what reason it was not fair from my side to behave like that with you. Please forgive me if you can",Arya said and Anika looked at his face.

"Our past is past and nothing can change that now. I wish I could forgive you for all the things that you did but I'm sorry Arya it might take a lot of time and courage for me to do that but I wish you and Vennela have a good future ahead",Anika said and gave him a pale smile.

"Anika, I hold no position to speak in between you both. Arya might have been a freak but the last time you spoke to him, it put a lot of sense in his head, by the time realisation hit him, he lost you already. He went through therapy and had a gap in his career which could be a great loss for him. I'm not telling this as his fiàncee but as a woman who travelled with him. I am not forcing you to forgive him but if possible please do, it will give a lot of relief",Vennela said and Anika just gave her a small smile.

"I'll have to go now, Ekantha",Anika said and Ekantha pressed her hand in assurance.

Though the mess was totally not clear, it wasn't that bad now too. Ekantha walked with Anika to the door.

"How are you feeling, Ani?",Ekantha asked.

"Honestly, better but not too great though. But then, one thing is that I needed to hear this and our lives are not anymore inter related. I wouldn't despise him everytime I see, It's true I may not believe in love or people easily from now on, but whatever happens it will be for our good. Don't worry my dear, all good. You go and talk to your fiancee first",Anika said and nudged her teasingly while Ekantha's face turned red.

"Take care please, and I know I might not be a great help not as much as you but please tell me. I will do things as much as I can-",when Ekantha was going to speak more but Anika closed her mouth with her finger.

"Enough, enough madam! I will take care of myself and I guess I do it better than anyone in this world. So don't worry and you won't listen to me about this but still, don't over think all night about what happened just now. It's done, and as long as Vennu is good with it, we don't have any issues and if he breaks her heart. We'll find a place to bury his body, deal?",Anika said.

"Anika, don't say things like that. Wait, why don't you stay back and have dinner and go?",Ekantha asks.

"Oh, how I wish. Alas! You know right, If I eat, I sleep and then the day is just boom! Done! I have planned a lot for today atleast let me complete few things",she and Ekantha sighed.

"Madam, I am fine! I am not that heart broken devdas roaming on streets. I will be good, Ekantha. Why do you worry so much yaar?",she asked side hugging Ekantha.