'They had a meeting.' Stacy's hushed voices informed the large body. 'I was going to listen in but that girl didn't let me near the caravan.'

Anger instant boiled in my blood at her words as I gritted my teeth. The way she spat the word girl like talking about me is repulsive and her tone made it sound like she viewed me as someone less than her, even though I was nice enough to say she should be allowed to stay and recover in the first place. The fact that she started the whole fight between the two of us was the other lie she said straight through her teeth. Whatever her job here was, she hadn't stuck to it and let a bit of jealousy and taunting ruin her act.

'Is that why your face is trashed?' He nodded, referring to her injuries.

'They're planning something and she's not going to get in my way on finding out what it is.' She said, completely disregarding the comment.

'What is that supposed to mean?' The gruff voice asked.

Where have I heard that voice before? The question haunted me as we listened.

'That I don't know what their plans are yet. I'm on their bad side at the moment but I have a plan to get close to Jaxon and extend my stay.'

'And how do you suppose you do that?' The large body folded his arms across his broad chest and I assumed he raised an eyebrow.

'No man can resist a woman throwing themselves at them.' I could just picture the smug look crossing over her face, her lips curling into a condescending smirk as she told the man of her plan. Her words sent a chill down my spine and Jaxon's arms tightened around me, a disgusted exhale of air passing out his nose.

'Stacey, you're here to do a fucking job, not fuck the guy we're going to kill.' The man spat at her, taking a threatening step in towards her. The small amount of moon light allowed me to see the outline of her small body not cower in fear, but instead take a step up to match his. Even with her body so small and petite compared to his large thick build Stacey didn't flinch at a potential threat.

'No, fucking Jaxon will just be a bonus. You'll get your information, just two more days. The guy can't be too hung up on that girl to turn down an easy lay, he'll crack.' Her words sounded demanding and so sure of herself but her tone told us otherwise as it held the small amount of doubt. Obviously the memory of Jaxon completely wiping her off and threatening her was fresh in her mind from when he flung herself at him. Seeing from how she was acting though, it was clear she had a plan B up her sleeve to dish out when this one clearly won't work.

'Don't fuck this up Sally.' The guy warned.

'It's Stacey, you prick.' She growled at him.

'Does it look like I give a damn?'

'Be glad I'm doing this for you.'  She snapped at him. 'No other girl put their hand up. Without me, the boss wouldn't have someone do get information from.'

'Because no sane girl has a death wish.' The man snapped right back at her. 'If Jaxon finds out, you are as good as dead Sally. From what I've heard, he won't make it a quick death. He'll drag it out and make you beg for mercy, making you regret you ever tried to go against him after throw his hospitality of letting you recover in his camp in his face.' His voice was deadly low and quiet so I had to strain my ears to hear every word he said. His description of how Jaxon will kill her didn't bring shock upon me, but instead I welcomed it. She was such a bitch who thought she could provoke me and is planning to kill Jaxon, a man who I am really starting to like, the amounts maybe leading into a dangerous territory.

With that thought, I stopped listening to the conversation and listened to my thoughts instead. The amount of attraction, physical and mental, was boarder lining very high. Over the past week, sharing a bed and spending most of my time with him allowed this something to develop and grow even more to a point where the feeling the something reaches a point of a craving that can only be met from when I'm with Jaxon. When my skin ignites and my body craves to be around him when I'm not, and even when we are, touching doesn't feel like we're close enough. It's like a craving nobody but Jaxon can satisfy. What had me thinking though was it went beyond the physical touch of him.