Chapter Four

The man who's name was Sam was poking and prodding at my wist as I sat awkwardly on the chair, not knowing where to look. My old converses were an interesting object, but so was the building I was sat in. I couldn't help but wince every time Sam touched a tender part of my wrist which automatically had Jaxon sending harsh glare at the back of Sam's head and as if Sam had eyes in the back of his head, he grimaced and mumbled an apology.

The building on the inside was a red brick, just like the exterior of the old building. It was an industrial looking building, one that 98% of the village had not seen inside of before with multiple doors leading into different rooms. A metal staircase shot upwards, the end disappearing into the roof leading to another unknown room.

I am actually quite intrigued with the building. The red of the bricks contrasted perfectly with the wooden couch and chair frames what had a black cushion to make them comfortable. Made of the same type of wood was a large table and bench pressed to the wall with bits and pieces scattered about it. There is a bookshelf filled with many old looking books and some type of thin sheet with a painting on it serving as an artwork peice.

As a sharp pain struck through my wrist, I sucked in a breath and moved my eye sight from the bookcase to the man standing behind Sam. His dark eyes held something I couldn't place.

'What's wrong with it?' Jaxon spat out in a voice trying to control his anger.

My wrist was released and I gently placed it back into my lap and nervously awaited. Jaxon's tall body strode over to my side and he stood towering above me looking at Sam with a hard look, arms crossed over his hard cheast.

'Um, I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain shes torn a little of the ligament from falling on the awkward angle.' He spoke, pushing his glasses up his nose and tucking a straight blond stray hair behind his ear nervously.

'Her name, is Olivia. Not she.' Jaxon spoke through gritted teeth, making Sam visibly gulp.

Sam's hands clasped together to stop the shaking and his short frame was sitting hunched on his chair. He looked to be around late 20's.

'What I am 100% sure of, is that Olivia has no broken bone. The bruising and the slight swelling on the wrist is an indicator of the ligament damage, and touching the ligament itself is where, um, Olivia flinched.' Sam rambled clearly nervous and or scared.

'How do we fix it?' Jaxon questioned.

'In about a week it will be fully healed but not back to 100%. Once a ligament is damaged it can never fully recover unless exercises are done in the first few days of injury, but it should still heal up pretty strong.' Sam explained and I nodded my head in understanding, slightly bummed but also relieved with the knowledge I hadn't done anything major to it.

'Rest it for around 3 or 4 more days, no heavy lifting and the basic healing should be done.' He concluded.
Jaxon nodded his head sharply once, then told Sam his help was appreciated and told him he was free to go now, leaving me and Jaxon alone in the room.

The silence was heavy, and turned uncomfortable as Jaxon turned his body to face me completely. Inside the brick building the insulation kept the temperature cooler but it still felt quite hot, and I awkwardly shifted my wipe my forehead of any remaining sweat.

'Would you like a drink?' Jaxon offered as he noticed me clear my throat several times.

'Uh, no thanks,' I muttered, lying wanting nothing more than a drink to dampen my dry mouth and throat. 'I should get going now. T-thanks for ah, getting Sam to look at it.' I nodded my head towards my wrist.

'Don't be stupid. Your not going anywhere.' He scoffed. He turned his back and walked over to the wooden bench and turned a small corner so I couldn't see him from my seated position.