Chapter Fifteen

Sorry for any incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes, hope you enjoy the update and thank you for taking your time to follow seize and continue reading up to this point in the book.

***

The wind was the first thing to hit my senses as my short black hair whipped around my face before finally settling on flying out behind me at a harsh pace. Trees zipped past me in a blur and it was in my nature to be scared from my unknown surrounding and I immediately latched onto Jaxon as if my life depended on it, my arms wrapping tightly around his waist as he returned the tight grip pulling me in even closer into his hard body. A musical laugh boomed from his parted lips as he held onto me tightly back.

'You're safe Olivia, look around.' He commanded and squeezed my waist to reassure me.

Cautiously, I looked around, eyes squinted from the harsh wind blowing past me in precaution of not getting anything in my eyes. It took not even a moment to recognize the old jeep in front of us and the solid, off white rectangle we are standing on could only belong to the caravan.

'Why did you flash us up here?' I spoke, voice raised louder than usual so my words didn't get carried off into the wind. A laugh left my lips as I braced my unstable feet on the surface, legs slightly bent so I could keep my balance and not fall from the roof from the bumpy gravel road we are currently driving on.

'Why not?' He responded casually and I felt his shoulders shrug from behind me as he looked at the dry nature zipping past us as we flew along the road.

'Cause we could fall and die.' I said in a duh tone, yet the grin on my face couldn't bring me to care.

'Pessimistic,' he commented.

'Yet true.' I replied with a small laugh.

'You won't fall, I promise.'

'Wow, now that is reassuring. I can't possible die now can I?' I sarcastically stated with a small shake of my head. I placed my hands on top of his and pried his grip from my waist, taking a small step in front of him. Standing by myself with the wind rushing past me felt surreal. My heart was racing from the danger that could arise from this and the adrenaline coursed throughout my body.

I don't know how long I stood there, bracing myself so I wouldn't fall over, feeling free almost like a bird. The bumpy road only turned rougher as we headed further down the gravel road making it more difficult to balance on. My heart plummeted to the bottom of my stomach as one particular harsh hole in the road sent me flying towards the ground. I landed on the roof with a harsh thump, my heart beating wildly as I stayed frozen on the one spot staring out in front of me breathing heavily.

Then, I started laughing. A pure, genuine laugh from the rush I just experienced. The first real laugh since Ben's murder and it made me feel alive once more, like that only a mere week ago my younger brother wasn't taken from the world. I turned and looked behind me, seeing Jaxon sitting on the roof looking at me with a blank look, however a small smile danced on his lips. Shakily on my hands and knees I crawled to where Jaxon was and sat next to him, mimicking the upright position with my legs bent and knees pointing to the sky, however my hands rested on the roof to help me keep my balance unlike Jaxon who casually had his hands resting upon his knees.

'This is cool,' I spoke to him after a moment of us not talking. 'Better than inside the stuffy caravan.' Jaxon nodded his head in agreement and I flopped backwards, lying down so I was facing the sky. The sun was high in the direct center of the sky, indicating it was around twelve noon. The hot rays beamed down on us, however instead of it being the sweltering heat of summer it was just right from the cold wind whizzing past our exposed skin. I closed my eyes and just relaxed, soaking up the peaceful feeling, knowing that once we reach Malara, there won't be much peace left.