Chapter Eleven

Sorry if there is any spelling or grammer mistakes :)

***

Ungracefully, my feet thumped to the dusty floor as I climbed off the four wheeled motorbike, earning a small amused laugh from both Brandon and Bek. Flushing slightly from my clumsy actions, I looked at the floor and allowed my hair to fall in my face in attempt to try and hide the colour change staining my cheeks.

‘Don’t worry about it,’ Bek laughed as she threw a thick arm around my shoulder, giving me a full on grin. ‘Once this dickhead,’ she started and nodded her head towards Brandon with an evil smirk, watching as his smile dropped and was replaced with an unamused expression. ‘He tried climbing off with his arms full to impress a girl with all the supplies we captured, stumbled and tore a ligament in his foot from the awkward landing.’

I couldn’t help but laugh at such a clumsy action, glad to see Brandon’s cheeks hinting up red too.

‘In my defense, there was some huge hole in the ground that the bike was covering. Anybody would have missed it.’ He folded his thin arms across his chest.

‘To make matters worse, he broke all our supplies so our journey was for no reason.’ Bek chimed in once again before Brandon told her to shut up in a not so polite way.

‘What happened with the girl?’ I questioned, eye brows raised in curiosity. A smirk rose on his face as he paused his actions, turning and giving me his full attention as I waited as his humor made me chuckle in anticipation.

‘I married her.’ He said with a cocky smirk and winked at me, causing both me and Bek to burst out laughing at such a result from such a clumsy action. He either must be one hell of a suck up or she must have pitted the poor man.

‘Anyways,’ he said for a change of subject. ‘Let’s get you a place to stay for the night.’

‘You can room with me.’ Bek offered. ‘My boyfriend and I live together but we have a couch you can crash on for a bit. It’s not much but,’ she was cut off and I interjected her with a grateful smile, relieved I had a place to crash for the night and the place not with a complete stranger as they didn’t just rid me off as an unwanted burden.

‘No, that’s perfect, more than enough. Thank you so much.’ I sincerely thanked her and smiled, one which she returned as she gave me the down low on her home and her husband. After learning that he’s stressed from working at his job, (his job required helping run the government and the small amount of force they had to control lots of the country), learning they have a small one bedroom house and the toilet blocks were only a few houses away, we were set.

We had parked in a miniature shed that is only a few short minutes’ walk away from the city and started unloading the supplies. The shed looked quite old, some wooden skirting and planks hanging crooked and falling on the sides of the walls and the metal shelves holding large cans and bottles of what I assumed to be oil and petrol looking like they’d seen better days. The ground was firmly packed with dirt that was slightly loose on the top from where we had just driven over. Nothing else shared the shed apart from the two bikes so I assumed the other vehicles were kept elsewhere in a more secure location.

‘Want me to grab anything?’ I offered, feeling slightly awkward as they both loaded up with all the supplied in both hands as I just stood there.

‘Nah, were good.’ Brandon smiled, flinging the last brown sac of goods over his shoulder as he glanced down at my still strapped up wrist. ‘You could however grab the keys and be the key girl?’ He questioned to which I nodded to and picked up the stray keys sitting on the four wheeled motor bike.