Chapter Seventeen

'I'm only going to ask once calmly before I lose it Olivia. Why the hell were you with that man?' Jaxon's voice was so cold and poisonous it had me gulping in fright and I unknowing took a small step away from him to create more space between the two of us. I knew I had to face him eventually, but thinking back on it I should have given him a few minutes to calm down instead of walking straight out to him. The still night is dead silent with not even a slight breeze to make branches sway, all the animals tucked up safely where ever they sleep. The audible gulp of my nervousness and slight fear sounded much louder than what it really is.

'Olivia,' Jaxon said, his voice rang slightly in warning as his true anger started to show, making me wish for nothing more than his anger directed at me to stop or subside.

'It's not my fault,' I defended myself cutting him off. Clearly, this wasn't the answer Jaxon wanted from the glare he shot down on me, his white pupils sending a chilling shiver throughout my body and he took a shaky breath in, an obvious attempt to calm the anger arising and ready to explode.

'It's not your fault?' He questioned back, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration as I nodded my head, flinching when his arm shot out and grabbed around my wrist tight enough to show his dominance but not enough to cause me any physical pain.

'I lost you in the crowd, then Bek and Brandon found me somehow then I was demanded to go back to their house and I had to, otherwise it could look suspicious.' I said quickly, judging his reaction carefully with wide eyes.

'That man was not Brandon. I could sense power coming from him. He's one of us, just not on my side.' Jaxon finally muttered after a moment's silence.

'I know,' I replied, my breath hitching in my throat as he gave me a look of disbelief with his anger still in the mix.

'I knew that from when you burnt all those fucking homes down!' I finally yelled, courage appearing from out of the blue. 'He works for the government but he isn't high up in the chain I'm guessing. He did say though that they have no clue where you are. Were here undetected so far.' I informed him.

What caught me completely off guard was when Jaxon let out a huff in anger and reached out towards me. I closed my eyes, expecting some part of my body to spike in pain but jumped when I felt his strong arms harshly bring me into his chest. My heart beat thumped in my chest as my mind tried to process what was going on. In his angered state I was sure he was going to hit me but his comforting wrap around my torso with his head buried in the crook of my neck caught me off guard. He mustn't have caught my flinching or initial shock from the embrace because he stayed silent as he held me. It took a while for me to return the hug but when I wrapped my arms around his back, his muscles relaxing under my touch.

A nagging feeling in my stomach had me confused for the moment's silence we were standing in. The continuous feeling was only what I could describe as guilt. Seeing Jaxon only worry about my safety stirred the butterflies in my stomach as I put myself in his shoes. If I was powerful enough, I would go to all ends to make sure Jaxon was safe and not in any danger. The something came into effect making me feel even guiltier the more I thought about it as I couldn't help my mouth from speaking.

'I'm sorry.' The words were whispered from under my breath sounding slightly irritated as the need to apologize came on so suddenly even though my brain felt it wasn't necessary. I felt his head leave my shoulder and my wide eyes met his as we gazed into each other's eyes, mine flickering from his left to right then back again.