Chapter Nineteen

It has been to long, I'm so sorry.

This isn't edited very well because I just wanted to give you guys something to read so sorry in advance.

***

It was expected.

As I clung onto Jaxon's arm tightly in case he flashed us elsewhere, I couldn't help but not recognize the emotion of shock. Having a random girl show up in the middle of nowhere, acting innocent, helpless and shy transforming into a confident, hate filled person overnight to provoke a fight from me and who snoops around just didn't make any sense. Although the possibility of her being a suspicious character ran through everybody's mind, nobody acted on it because visually she is only a mere petite girl who has no chance against men who are not only physically stronger, but who can make her choke to death or make her body feel as if it on fire without even lifting a finger.

Jaxon's body was tense underneath my hands as anger rolled off him in waves but not anger towards Stacey. It was anger towards himself for not being one step ahead and for underestimating a potential threat to his plans to seek revenge for not only himself but for me too. My tight grip on his arm faltered slightly as it ran soothingly up and down his arm in a small attempt to get him to calm down slightly, and I mentally cheered when his arm slowly relaxed as we watched Stacey's small body limp off into the night, the area silent apart from the snapping of small twigs and crunching of dried leaves beneath the rushed steps carrying Stacey further and further away from the camp and towards her destination.

'I want you to wait here.' Jaxon's gruff voice demanded as his eyes stayed locked on the dark surroundings her body was engulfed in by the dark. His rough hand rose and gently tried to pry my hand from his arm, a frown sketched upon his face when my grip tightened on his arm.

'No.' I said firmly, standing up for myself.

'No?' A hard questioning tone asked me trying to make me reconsider my answer but failed.

'No.' I said firmer, still keeping my voice hushed.

'I can always make you let go.' His quiet voice replied, the low voice sounding husky causing a shiver to go down my spine.

'I'm a part of this too, I'm going with you and if you flash off on me, I promise I will walk by myself until I find where she went.' An indirect threat was thrown at him and although I knew I was playing on his emotions and urges of keeping me safe, I couldn't bring myself to feel bad for pressuring him into bringing me. His brown orbs looked onto mine and I stared straight back, hardening up my gaze so he knew I wasn't mucking around.

'You're to stay silent. No moving, no talking, no sneezing, coughing even flinching if something scares you. I don't know if this is going to be dangerous or not and even though I'm strong, I don't know where she's going, who will be there and how many will be there.' He said with a hard voice, his eyes boring into mine. I nodded my head with a straight face at his strict instructions. 'And most importantly Olivia, no giving up our spot to confront them even if they talk about something you don't agree with.'

Like Ben.

'Agreed,' I said trying to not let the small victory smile show.

He scoffed. 'Quit smirking.'

***

The tall frame of the man hunched over caught me off guard as soon as my eyes settled on the large body talking in a hushed voice to Stacey. His bald head caught the small glimmer of moon light shining down on the ground, piercing eyes sending shivers down my spine and I recoiled my body further into Jaxon's. Instantly his arms pulled me into the comfort of his strong body as we continued watching in silence.