Chapter 17: Training And Cookies

It was now Day 3 of Gojo's visit to Mistral before heading to retrieve Megumi. After returning from shopping, Gojo lay down on a bench on the balcony, enjoying the sounds of chirping birds. However, his peaceful moment was interrupted by a loud voice.

Yang: Gojo~!

Gojo: Hm?

Yang: I want you to teach me.

Gojo: Teach you what?

Yang: Your skills, martial arts.

As she mimicked his movements with punches and kicks in the air, Gojo tilted his glasses and gazed at Yang with curiosity.

Gojo: Are you sure you'll be able to handle it?

Yang: Of course! It won't be hard. I'm a fast learner.

Yang grinned proudly, but Gojo's expression remained skeptical.

Gojo: Alright, but don't blame me if it gets too challenging.

Hours later...

Yang was now on her knees, panting heavily. She had tried to replicate Gojo's movements, but he was too fast for her, landing hits with each strike.

Yang: Dammit...

Gojo: You're definitely improving compared to before. You've learned to think before acting, fixing your previous mistakes. However, your moves became predictable when you believed you could land the finishing blow. I could easily anticipate your next move based on that. You must be prepared to lose even in seemingly one-sided fights and stay on your toes until you secure victory.

 You must be prepared to lose even in seemingly one-sided fights and stay on your toes until you secure victory

Gojo: If you want, we can end here, where you failed to become stronger. But if you truly desire power, if you have the unwavering determination to achieve strength and protect your family and friends, then get up. It's your choice... to rise and continue pushing forward or to lay down and give up.

 to rise and continue pushing forward or to lay down and give up

Yang: I won't give up... Keep training me.

Gojo reaches out his hand, and Yang grabs it as he pulls her up.