Chapter 13: Scraps Of What Once Was

Gojo had emerged victorious in his battle against Toji, saving countless lives and becoming a hero in the eyes of many. However, he did not see himself as a hero. To him, it felt like he had failed.

As he walked towards his best friend, partner, and the man who could push him to his limits besides Toji, Geto lay on the ground with his blood flowing between the cracks. Gojo picked up his body silently, his expression devoid of any emotion. As he turned to look in the other direction, he noticed Qrow Branwen crawling out from the rubble. Gojo approached him without showing any reaction to the blood and destruction around him. He couldn't even feel the pain of losing his best friend.

Gojo: Are you okay?

Qrow: Huh... You're... Gojo, right?

Gojo: Yes. Here, I'll help you.

He reached out his hand and Qrow took it, leaning on Gojo as they made their way to the docks.

Qrow: W-Wait, that's... No...

Gojo: Sit down here.

They arrived at the docks, where Gojo helped Qrow to sit down. He still held Geto's body as the voices of Miss Goodwitch, Professor Port, and Dr. Oobleck came from a new Bullhead aircraft.

Glynda: Oh... My... Brothers...

Glynda looked around, her gaze fixed on Gojo. She was left speechless.

Gojo: Oh, Miss Goodwitch. It's good that you brought more people. Let's take these people back to Vale for treatment.

Glynda was further shocked by Gojo's formal tone and the state of the surroundings, which were severely damaged. It was surprising to see the partially intact port, with even someone like Qrow lying on the ground as if his life had been hanging by a thread. Glynda realized that the situation was far more serious than she had ever imagined, and everyone except Blake, Gojo, and Qrow was unconscious.

Glynda: You're Gojo... right?

Port: W-What happened, my boy

Port: W-What happened, my boy... And is that young Geto...?

Gojo looked down with an almost lifeless expression.

Gojo: I messed up...

Port: Huh...?

Oobleck: There is no time for talking. We must hurry and get these people help immediately.

As they start to gather everyone, Qrow was being assisted to walk with the held of Professor Port as he sat and leaning on the bullhead walls as he turned slightly to see Gojo holding a covered Geto body.

Qrow: Kid... I am so sorry...

 I am so sorry