Chapter 61

I debated calling Sakuya on the phone throughout the night. It was probably around eleven to one in the morning. I wasn't really counting. I had no motivation to sleep either. I just knew it was late and most people I knew were probably tucked away in their bed snoring. Unless you're Hitoshi...called him too many times this week though. Besides my answers would be dry if I called now. I kept going out of focus, dissociating. The background sound of the television in the living room was a light buzzing sound to my brain.

...

Exactly what I needed...

"UGH! DID THEY JUST KILL ME AGAIN??" I hissed, hitting at the controller, ready to dent it. "IT'S LIKE THEY HAVE IT OUT FOR ME!"

Here I am. One in the morning on a school night. Playing video games. I gotta be up soon but I'm risking the eye-bags for someone who keeps targeting me in the game I'm playing. The game is full of violence. Guns, shooting, a little knife throwing. Sometimes you could claim a Quirk, but the list wasn't that long. My favorite being the invisibility. Liked to sneak up on others and get a headshot. That, or click my controller so many times they just go down in seconds.

Finally I got a kill on them.

Lov3gunpowder: lol

HellKing.TS: you play?

My eyes squinted.

Lov3gunpowder: what?

HellKing.TS: nothing.

The same player killed me once again.

Lov3gunpowder: you're obsessed fr

Allwar04: take it to the private chat y'all

A random person commented in the public chat. In this game, you could chat with people on your team as well as the opposite team if you clicked the little speech bubble in the corner of the game. You were currently chatting it up with this mystery person who you actually had the balls to friend request not too long ago. You guys were fighting the first interaction you had. First, you killed them. Then, they killed you.

Lov3gunpowder: no one asked

HellKing.TS: stop dying already.

Allwar04: you're mom did

We both shot at this random player multiple times even though they were on his team.

Lov3gunpowder: your* asshole

Reize: rtf_23 I saw you camping dude

Allwar04: #@&!!

Lov3gunpowder: what?

The game had ended shortly. I was ready for another game. Before that, I was private messaged by the same person. HellKing. What does the TS stand for? Who would know. Anyway, recently, they have become annoying. Always been, but now they're more talkative. Well maybe that's not right words for it. They're just more open. More open = always down to ask for a 1v1. You always joined their games and they always killed your ass. After a while of playing with them, you realized they were crazy good. Double kills, triple kills, defeated a whole team once. I talk way too good about them, but it's all because they slowly started to join my games more and kill off anyone around me. They'd follow me and steal my kills. Which sucked. Also another reason why I became a super good sniper because I was always avoiding them.

HellKing.TS: 1v1?

Lov3gunpowder: noooo

HellKing.TS: pussy

WHAT?

My eyes painfully squinted.

Lov3gunpowder: stop talking about your dad like that