Chapter 26

UM guys this is so so long ok? It's because I cannot write again until after the 12th of May as that's my final deadline for my degree. So I am taking a step back. But I was going to split this chapter into a few different parts but I decided that might just be cruel. You can have it all at once. 

Anyway, happy reading loves. I am not feeling on top writing form so sorry if this is bad/ written awfully- My brain is fried from my degree. LOL. 

....

 Amelia's POV: Do something out of your comfort zone

"He's stressed." Darcie says, a smile clear on her face as she looks down at her phone and hurries me along the path.

We were going horrifically early to River's and Tom's for Rex's birthday party.

Usually before social things like this I like to give myself as much time to prepare. Time to have a glass of wine, or a bottle, you know?

But sadly, Darcie waltzed into my room twenty minutes ago and said that Tom was on the edge of a breakdown, so we had to leave as soon as possible.

I obviously thought that she was serious and that he needed legit help, so I got dressed as quickly as possible and we left. It is evident now however that he was fine and just having a pre party freak out. She exaggerated. Or well I just assumed the worst.

I guess that's lowkey my own mental illnesses coming through there.

He's fine. Apparently, he needs ice and candles.

We arrive at theirs and it's funny because immediately I feel weird being here so early. Rex isn't even here yet. It's like we're joining River and Tom before they even have anyone else round and- Oh I don't know. I guess this is actually quite normal.

Darce and Tom are literally together.

Of course this is normal.

I am being weird.

Speak Amelia, bring your head into the room.

Darcie had walked straight through from the front door to the front room and then kitchen, holding the two bags of ice that we brought with us up in the air as if she was carrying gold. I follow her through, taking my coat off as I do.

River is sat on the couch, crossed legged and looking awfully relaxed.

Tom's in the kitchen, his face flushed in stress, his hair edging on greasy with the amount of times he's probably ran his hands through it.

I pressed my lips together at the difference between the two party-hosts.

River gives me a grin. "I didn't do anything to Tom, I swear. He woke up in this mood."

I widen my eyes comically at River and then I hold my coat up to him, asking where I should put it and he heaves a sigh and gets off the couch.

"You really just make me do everything for you."

My lips part.

"You know where to put your coat." He mumbles, jokingly but I frown stressed, and he laughs again, shaking his head and taking my coat from my hands. "Don't stress, I like it."

I choose to ignore him, leaving him and heading towards Tom, hoping I might be able to help.

Darcie had Tom's face in her hands when I entered the kitchen. I paused. She was given him a pep talk and his eyes darted to me as I entered.

He smiled. Ish anyway.

I laughed, I am sorry. Seeing someone else anxious shouldn't make me laugh but it's just funny. It's like I can see how unreasonable I am.