32. An eye for an eye

The moment Penelope had a list of residences under Richard Sumner's name, Y/N didn't hesitate to leave the BAU. There were only 3 places under his name. She grabbed a bullet-proof vest and jumped into one of the black SUVs, being joined by Spencer and Derek.

Y/N, Spencer and Derek took the warehouse. JJ and Prentiss took the cabin. Hotch and Rossi took the house.

The drive to Richard's warehouse was quiet. No one dared to say anything. Spencer stayed silent, not wanting to put any more pressure on his girlfriend, who was tense enough as it was. Derek wanted to let his friends go, and not make any comments. As for Y/N, the sooner Richard was arrested and Alyssa was rescued, the better.

———

She didn't wait when they pulled up to the warehouse. Spencer almost had to grab the wheel to prevent the SUV from crashing, as Y/N jumped out of the vehicle and held up her gun, carefully walking toward the main entrance to the building.

Y/N
The entrance was silent. You could hear the smallest animal breathe as you walked down the hallways, intending to find your best friend alive. You heard 2 pairs of footsteps behind you, most likely coming from Spencer and Derek.

"I headed straight ahead from the entrance. One of you take the left. One of you take the right." You whispered into your comms system.

"Any sign of life?" Derek asked. You almost said no, until you saw muddy footprints and a thin trail of blood. This concerned you. You hoped that if Alyssa had been bleeding, she hadn't been bleeding much.

"I have a thin blood trail and muddy footprints. What about you two?" You asked.

"Nothing yet." Spencer responded.

Eventually the muddy footprint trail ended, and soon enough, the blood trail ended. You desperately hoped that maybe Alyssa had found a way to prevent blood loss. Looking straight forward, you were met with a metal door that you barely pushed open without alerting Richard.

You slowly inched your way closer to the two figures you saw in the middle of the giant warehouse. You saw Alyssa right in front of you, her arms chained to a metal pillar that connected the floor to the roof. She looked so beaten and tired. You were slightly amazed by how she had managed to survive for so long. It was clear that he had been feeding her the bare minimum, most likely crackers and water.

Richard suddenly blocked your view of Alyssa as he proceeded to kick her in the ribs multiple times. If she didn't have any long-lasting or permanent injuries after today, it would definitely be a miracle.

"Ahh, Y/N. I wondered when you'd show up." Richard's voice was just as deep and clear as it was around 10 years ago. He hadn't really changed since you remembered him.

"Richard Sumner, let the girl go." She knew him, he knew her and she knew the victim, but she couldn't let those details obstruct her job. Her job was to arrest the unsub and save the victim.

"Now...why on Earth would I do that? I mean, I have you right were I want you." Richard spoke.

"You're in no position to bargain with me, Richard. I'm the one with the gun." You rolled your eyes.

"Oh really? You seem to be forgetting that if you don't give me what I want, or you don't do as I say, I'll kill her, without hesitation." Richard hissed.

"You even move a muscle and I'll put a bullet in your head." You threatened. You weren't really going to do that, but he didn't need to know.

He had gone from kicking Alyssa with brute force to holding a knife to her throat. The more she struggled, the closer the blade moved toward her. Eventually, the blade was against the skin, but not pushing down hard enough to draw blood.