1. 1 out of 150

Y/N
When you heard that a new class was emerging, focusing on the study of Behavioural Analysis, you were definitely interested. The idea of studying one's previous behaviour in order to understand and predict future behaviour was fascinating.

At the age of 23, you had achieved so much; getting two PhDs. Not many people could say that they had achieved one PhD, let alone 2, by the age of 23, so you felt somewhat special.

You had signed up for the class 2 weeks ago, very much excited to see what subjects you'd be covering in the class. At 9:55 AM, 5 minutes before the lecture was due to begin, you walked into the large lecture hall, noticing the rather large crowd of students that were in attendance.

One thing that had caught your attention was that the majority of the students were females. You loved seeing more females take interest in subjects like criminology and studying human behaviour.

At 10 AM, right on time, a man who looked no older than 27, entered the room. His chestnut-brown hair was longer than expected, clearly unbrushed. He wore a white shirt with a sweater-vest over the top, a gray blazer sealing the look. His right hand removed the satchel from his shoulder while his left hand moved from the pocket of his dark gray pants, putting his phone down onto the table. Within minutes, he was writing stuff down on the board.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Spencer Reid. I work with the Behavioural Analysis Unit within the FBI right here in Quantico, Virginia. I will be your...professor for this class." He cleared his throat. He seemed almost nervous for the lecture.

"Okay. Let's start off by taking a moment to identify the difference between a trigger, and a stressor." He wrote both words on the board in capital letters, underlining each of them.

"Does anyone know the difference?" He turned to the class of 150 students, his eyes glancing around the hall.

You raised your hand. For a moment, the entire room was silent. When his gaze finally met yours, he smiled. Something about him looking at you set off a spark. It was like he was staring into your soul.

"Yes, Ms-" He started, realising that he didn't know the names of his students.

"Y/N. Y/L/N." You spoke.

"-Y/L/N. Go ahead." He nodded, allowing you time to gain your composure before speaking.

"A trigger is a sensory event experienced by an offender that precipitates subsequent behaviour." You started, seeing the shock on his face. He was clearly unprepared for one of his students to actually know what he was talking about.

"Whereas a stressor is a longer-term pattern of behaviour or circumstances which push a person into behaving differently than they normally would." You finished, letting the room fall into another momentary silence. Between Dr. Reid nodding at you, basically giving you his approval, and other students eyeing you with what you assumed to be jealousy, you tried to remain calm.

"Exactly. Well done, Ms. Y/L/N." He nodded.

"You're probably gonna want to write this down. I shouldn't be telling you guys this, but I'm definitely putting this on the final." He explained, chuckling. One of the many girls put their hand up, Dr. Reid nodding for them to ask whatever question they had lined up for him.

"I'm only auditing this class." She giggled, smiling.

"Is anyone else auditing this class?" He questioned, shocked by the number of hands that went up.

There were 150 students in this lecture hall. At least 110 of them were female, while the other 40 students were male. Almost all of the girls raised their hands, Dr. Reid almost exhaling in disappointment.

You glanced around at the other students, realising that most of them only signed up for this class to stare at Dr. Reid without actually wanting to do any of the work he must have prepared. You almost groaned at the lack of interest in the actual subject exhibited by the other girls in the class.

"Okay." He sighed, getting on with the lesson.

SPENCER
Watching most of the students attending the lecture raise their hands at my question definitely saddened me. It then made sense in my head. Most of the girls attending this lecture had only come to get a good look at me. As for the others, there were a small group of males and maybe 2-3 girls who were actually wanting to take the class, which lifted my spirits a little.

One girl in particular caught my interest. When I asked about differentiating a stressor from a trigger, I almost guaranteed to myself that no one would want to answer my question, but when she raised her hand, my faith in this class being a success definitely lifted. Not only did she have a good go at my question, but she actually gave me a good answer. I was quite impressed with her response.

And her name, such a beautiful one. Y/N. It pretty much rolled off the tongue. I would be lying if I said that I didn't keep a close eye on her throughout the rest of the lecture. Unlike other girls who had signed up for the class, she seemed genuinely interested. It was rare that someone actually found my rambling to be interesting.

Hotch would try to shut it down as soon as possible. Rossi, Prentiss and Morgan would ignore me until I got the hint and shut my mouth. JJ and Penelope would start to listen before eventually giving up.

It felt nice that someone was finally listening and taking in all the information that I was unintentionally rambling. I made a promise to myself that I'd try and talk like a normal person for the lecture, but once I started, I couldn't stop.

I would look up at the crowd and my eyes would immediately fall on Y/N. One moment she would be looking intently between me and the board behind me, before she'd look down at her notebook and start writing, clearly trying to keep up with everything I was saying.

———

When 11:15 AM hit, the lecture hall slowly emptied, leaving only a few students behind. I could see Y/N sitting in her chair, quickly finishing her final notes before starting to pack up her stuff. I grabbed my satchel, putting all my belongings inside, before I grabbed my phone and walked up one of the aisles, heading toward her. By the this time, we were the only two people left in the entire hall.

"Y/N Y/L/N, right?" I spoke up, seeing her jump a little.

"Yes. That's me. Your lecture, Dr. Reid, was amazing. I found it so interesting." She smiled, standing up.

"I could tell. I hope you managed to keep up with your notes." I gestured to the notebook that rested in her arm.

"Oh, yes. I definitely did." She smiled, nodding.

"That's good. You're definitely going to be writing a lot of notes for this class, especially as the topics will become harder." I warned, watching as she chuckled.

"Well, Dr. Reid, I can't wait for your next lecture." She smiled.

"Cool. Oh, here's my number, just in case you need help with certain topics that we'll cover in the class." I handed her my card, which showed my name, my job and my number.

"Thank you, Dr. Reid. I'll see you next week." She exhaled, a small smile appearing on her face. With that, she left. I watched as she tucked the card into her pocket before she was out of the hall, leaving me alone.

I had to admit that the thought of having to wait an entire week before I could see her again made me sad.